Cane cat – the largest cat breed. Often these animals are supported in quality of pets. In principle, the cane cat is the same cat, is only larger also with appearance of a wild animal.
1. Other name of a cane cat – a marsh lynx. Also he is called a dzhunglevy cat. This animal lives in territories of Central Asia, North Africa, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India and Transcaucasia. Zoologists classify cane cats in a subfamily of small cats.
2. Cane cats considerably differ from ordinary domestic cats. Their main distinctive sign – the huge size. The individuals living in house conditions weigh up to 12 kg, and those who live in the wild nature, - up to 18 kg. Length of a body of this predator varies from 55 to 95 cm. In withers these animals reach 50 cm of height. Under laws of the nature of a female there are slightly less males.
3. Primary color of hair of cane cats - gray-brown with olive (or red) a shade. A side at these creations lighter, and a tail is more dark than all body. It should be noted that such color meets quite seldom at ordinary domestic cats. Some individuals of cane cats have yellowish-gray or gray-brown wool without any strips. Sometimes on their wool it is possible to observe a small red shade. In general color of hair of cane cats depends on the place of their dwelling. By the way, their summer fur is more rare and rough, than winter.
4. Ears at cane cats have triangular shape, are widely placed on the head and get married on the ends small brushes. It also makes a cane cat similar to a lynx. Their ears are quite well trimmed from within. Paws at cane cats – brawny and quite strong. They are longer, than at other domestic cats. A tail at these creations rather short (about 28 cm). Hearing and sight at cane cats are developed well, and here sense of smell – not really.
5. Cane cats are excellent swimmers, they are not afraid of water at all. It is one more sign which distinguishes these animals from the small relatives – domestic cats. In the nature these animals are mainly night hunters. Their main production – the birds living in thickets of canes and on the swamp and also mammals in the form of hares, gophers. These predators and small pigs will not disdain. Life expectancy of cane cats, as well as at ordinary cats, up to 15 years. Adult individuals can mew as if domestic cats, but slightly basisty. Kittens, on the contrary, sniff and hiss.
6. The male and a female copulate in February-March. It is followed by the whole cat's concert. Females bear future posterity about two months. In May they bring up to 5 kittens. In 1.5 years these kittens become mature. Cane cats during pairing can pose a threat for human health!