The pincers existing in the nature are numerous and various. Scientists already counted more than 20 thousand various species of these arachnoid parasites. These beings can be met in forests, in fields, in swamps and even in the seas and oceans. Their ability to reproduction just strikes! Even damp linen or a carpet in the house can become the real nursery of these parasites.
1. The regularity and rhythm of reproduction of representatives of a class of arachnoid animals (ticks, spiders, scorpions) depends in many respects on a condition of external factors and on food. Ontogenesis solves everything. On average one male of a tick can impregnate several females. After that he will die. It is curious that pincers still until as begin to suck blood at people and animals are impregnated. However it it is necessary to suck after fertilization and until postponement of eggs. Usually it lasts for 5-10 days.
2. The period when females of pincers are the most active, drops out for May. Having sucked during this period of blood, females lay several thousands of eggs. There is it at the beginning of July. For once the female of a tick can lay from one to five thousand eggs. They will be is low above the ground (on plants, on a grass).
3. The appeared larvae look for the owner – any vertebrate animal allowing them to eat blood within 2-5 days. After that the got drunk larvae disappear from an animal directly on the soil. There they begin to fade and gradually turn into nymphs. To turn into an imago (adult individual), to larvae again necessary to find to itself the owner and to stick to it. Larvae which are born at the end of summer without problems can live till the spring.
4. If to transfer all above to figures, then it turns out that the period of development of one cycle of pincers beginning from the eggs laid by a female and the imago which is coming to an end with an adult individual averages about 2 years. And again it is worth remembering the external factors influencing reproduction and development of pincers: in areas with hot climate the term of development of larvae to an imago is only half a year! Scientists established that the maximum duration of all necessary stages of development of a tick in adverse conditions can be from 7 to 8 years.
5. The problem of reproduction of pincers is that, on the one hand, both intermediate stages (a larva and the nymph) demand from them food blood, but on the other hand, ticks so well adapted to survive in the modern world that quietly can do without blood for a long time. They will not even die without food.
6. But not everything is as cloudless as can seem at first sight. The fact is that in some regions of the globe the natural factors do not allow to develop to pincers properly. For example, the female of widely known ixodic pincers is capable to postpone to the earth (but not for plants) until 17 thousand eggs! However difficult external factors and also ontogenesis ruin absolute majority of eggs, larvae, nymphs. Live only units up to an adult stage of an imago.