At first sight can seem that the duck differs in nothing from a drake. But this wrong judgment. If more attentively to look narrowly, a difference between heterosexual birds obvious.
1. The duck differs from a drake on plumage. At the self-check a color gray and ordinary-looking. Drakes opposite have elegant and bright plumage.
2. Besides at male birds on a neck the effective cop consisting of long beautiful feathers is located. And still drakes have "small beard". Ducks have no beautiful "hairstyle" and "small beard" at these female birds is a little perceptible.
3. Drakes differ from ducks also the fact that on a beak they have an outgrowth. Females of such "ornament" have no.
4. Look at a tail of a bird: at ducks and drakes it very much differs. At males on the end of a tail the rounded-off plumelets, and at a female a straight line tail.
5. Besides, at a drake the head is much more, than at a duck. The neck at a male is longer, and the trunk is wider. That is it is possible to distinguish a female from a male by the sizes.
6. One more distinctive sign of a duck – small weight. So, the weight of a male of a muscat duck can reach five kilograms, at the same time it is twice easier than a female.
7. But if you consider that scales deceive, pay attention to one essential sign distinguishing ducks females. These are the sounds made by a bird. The drake makes the whistling and hissing sounds, and the samochka only grunts.
8. It is simple to distinguish an adult duck female from a drake: all signs are obviously expressed. Difficulties at sex determination can arise only at beginners poultry breeders and that at acquaintance to baby birds. Though if to look narrowly, ducklings-samochki it is less in comparison with male birds of this age and a neck at them less.