Polecats are interesting and lovely animals. They are cultivated for a long time and will be able to become you kind and faithful companions. Care for polecats differs from care for other pets. Also feeding has to be special.
It is required to you
- - live forage;
- - farshekasha;
- - vegetables and fruit;
- - vitamins;
- - dry feed;
- - water.
1. Give in food to a polecat a live forage. It can be rats, mice, worms, birds, fodder cockroaches, small fish. Such forage needs to be got only in pet-shops. Or that it is even better, to grow up independently. Do not give to a polecat of wild animals (fishes, insects, birds). They are carriers of many infections. It can kill a polecat.
2. Start a polecat in a cage and there put a live forage. At first the small animal will be played with him, and then will eat. After that carefully clean a cage from the meal remains.
3. If you cannot give in food to a polecat the living being, feed him farshekashy. Well you razvarit any porridge. Add to it carefully cut meat. There put an offal. It can be a liver, heart, kidneys and other. Add ground bones to a farshekasha, it is a little skin. I.e. the structure of this dish has to correspond to the whole animal at least approximately.
4. Meat and an offal are better to take low-fat. Avoid use of pork and mutton. These products are heavy for stomachs of polecats. Once a week give pair of whole chicken heads. Of course, it is better to do it in a cage. The heads can be replaced with chicken necks.
5. Buy in zoopharmacy vitamins for polecats and regularly give them to the pet. Never use a forage or vitamins for other animals. One or two times a week give to polecats fruit or vegetables, but in a small amount.
6. If you decided to feed the polecat with dry feeds, then at first refuse use of other types of food. At the same time to give dry feeds, a live forage and a farshekasha it is not recommended. That without problems to transfer a polecat to dry feeds, it is necessary to enter them into a diet in the certain way.
7. In the first day completely soften a forage in milk. Add as much on the volume of crude chicken breast. And you feed with such mix a polecat. Every next day reduce amount of meat in food. Then every day add less and less milk until the polecat completely does not pass to a dry feed.
8. Measure the food weight which the polecat will be able to eat for once. At the following feeding give it just the same portion. If you give it more, he will begin to hide food in various places. Polecats have to have fresh water always in free access. Change it twice a day.