The substances which are slowing down oxidizing processes of organic compounds in cage are called antioxidants. Chain reaction of oxidation of proteins, fats and carbohydrates under the influence of antioxidants is interrupted that does not allow to collapse to other chemical compounds.
Antioxidants can be two types: natural origin and synthetic. Natural are developed by organism or arrive from the outside together with food. Antioxidants in rich quantity are in currant, bilberry, cowberry, cranberry, in all citrus, nuts, coffee, wine.
Artificial (the phenohall, oksipirid, ionol) are created in laboratories and are widely used in the food and cosmetic industries.
Characteristic of antioxidants
It is known that in the course of oxidation there is release of free radicals whose surplus starts process of presenilation. The cosmetic companies add antioxidants both to ukhodovy, and to decorative segment of the products, thicket in hand creams and faces, to hair care products.
- Vitamin A (Retinolum). Moisturizes the skin, feeds and strengthens its protective barrier. Prevents inflammatory processes, especially at people whose skin is inclined to appearance of comedones, acne and rash.
- Vitamin C known as ascorbic acid. Stimulates production of substance for elasticity and elasticity of leather – collagen, eliminates excessive pigmentation, levels complexion.
- Vitamin E (tocopherol). Has the tightening effect, promotes conclusion of toxins, eliminates wrinkles and interferes with emergence of new.
- Vitamin F. Increases hydrolipidic balance of skin, nourishes and moistens the skin inclined to dryness and peelings.
- Vitamin K. Participates in processes of regeneration of epidermis, provides protection against adverse effect of ultraviolet and overheating.
- Carotinoids (lycopene, carotene). In large numbers contain in oils, prevent dryness and tightness of skin, accelerate processes of healing of wounds.
- Is responsible for protein synthesis, defines oxidation-reduction characteristics of cage.
- Green tea. Saturates cages with useful substances, raises skin tone, improves complexion. One of widespread components as a part of ukhodovy cosmetics.
- Thanks to the protivospalitelny characteristics often use in medical cosmetics for inclined to irritations and inflammation to skin.
- Takes active part in production of nucleic acids, gives to skin softness and elasticity.
- Thanks to the protective properties from influence of ultraviolet is the main component as a part of sun-protection means (CC and VV of creams).
Rules of the choice and use of means with antioxidants
- Contrary to advertizing slogans any remedy with antioxidants in the structure will not be effective if does not carry out enough time on the surface of skin or hair. Tonics, lotions, shampoos, means for makeup removal will be useless as they wash off, without having managed to nourish with useful elements skin.
- You should not ignore information on the label. Components in structure are located in decreasing order therefore only the first 7 still can affect a little considerably condition of skin or hair. For example, the vitamin E which is in the list on the tenth place will not make the useful impact any more.
- It is worth drawing close attention to type of packaging. All creams or serums have to be packaged in jars from dark and dense glass as usual plastic is not able to keep all useful antioxidant properties under influence of sunshine or high temperature.
- Antioxidants contain not only in medical or ukhodovy cosmetics, but also in decorative. For example, the foundation or powder with the content of antioxidants spending long time on face are also capable to render positive effect.
Regular use of cosmetics with antioxidants and healthy nutrition have beneficial influence on condition of skin, preventing processes of its aging and withering.