In studying a subject of management of creation of goods and services and also mechanisms of their realization as uniform complex process, in any way not to do without understanding of such concept as types of marketing which classify by criteria about which we will tell you now.
Main types of marketing and their examples:
- The organization seeks for development of several segments of the market at the same time, developing for them special products and applying specific marketing policy. For example, the General Motors company seeks to release cars on any purse, taste and for various purposes. Producers offer various products, hoping to increase for them demand and to increase penetration into each segment.
- The organization enters on the market with one product, consciously ignoring specific requirements of each segment. So, for example, the Coca-Cola company with one product (drinks) the company came to the market, hoping that among all buyers there will be enough persons interested to buy the offered product.
- The concentrated marketing. The organization concentrates efforts on one of market segments. Example: the Aston Martin company, its production specializes only in a premium segment.
There is also international marketing of goods and services in the foreign markets which differ from the markets of the manufacturing country.
Distinguish such types of the international marketing:
- orientation to the competition;
- forecasting development of systems;
- restructuring of set of goods;
- general management.
On scopes of application allocate such types of marketing:
- marketing of places;
- marketing of the organizations;
- marketing of services;
- marketing of the ideas;
- marketing of individuals.
Types and types of marketing differ depending on what situation with demand develops in the market. Classification of types of marketing in relation to demand:
- It is connected with the formed demand. The purpose is to turn potential demand into real.
- Connected with lack of demand. The purpose is to consider the indifference reasons to goods and to hold events for emergence of demand.
- It is connected with negative demand when buyers reject goods (for example, vegetarians against meat). The purpose is to develop the plan which will promote emergence of demand (sale of soy meat).
- Connected with balance of supply and demand. The purpose is to keep balance if necessary to adjust a situation.
- It is connected with need of decrease in demand which is negative the phenomenon for society. Example: alcohol, tobacco products. The purpose is to reduce or to absolutely remove release of a product;
- Connected with search of new ways of marketing. The purpose is to recover demand for goods which lost value.
- Connected with change of structure of demand. The purpose is to stabilize sale, to minimize fluctuations of demand. For example, transport in rush hours, seasonal goods (ice cream, sunglasses, skis).
Marketing, as well as the market, are not necessary on one place, it constantly develops therefore new types of marketing appear. From the most popular modern types of marketing it is possible to allocate the following:
- Virus. At this strategy the goods influence the person so that that literally catches the idea of his purchase and itself promote it at every turn.
- Guerrilla. Any marketing which goes beyond the standard framework of influence on demand.
- Ambush marketing. Sponsorship of a TV broadcast of sports competitions.