How to adopt the husband's child

How to adopt the husband's child

The child of the husband became you own. He calls you mom, but in its birth certificate, in the column about parents, the completely different name is specified. And if besides to the child it is not known of the real mother, time to think seriously of adoption came in the future to avoid a set of problems and the unpleasant moments.


1. And the first what it is necessary to face, this receiving consent to adoption from the mother. There are two possible options: - biological mother fixes the consent to your adoption of the child at the notary; - or does the same in management on guardianship over children in a place of registration of the child. If mother of the child is not eager to give such consent from any motives, then appeal to court with the statement for deprivation of mother of the parental rights. And that the court satisfied the similar claim, you have to have strong reasons and proofs of full unwillingness and even evasion of the mother from education of the child. It is ideally better to seek to resolve an issue peacefully, without resorting to the help of court. Otherwise business can drag on for a long time. Try to agree with mother of the child, the reason and the correct motivation. Most likely you will manage to make it much quicker, than to wait for the judgment on deprivation of the parental rights.

2. If you managed to obtain the consent of mother, write the standard statement of claim in district court on adoption. In the claim in detail state a situation and specify the biographical particulars: formation, place of work, salary, place and conditions of accommodation, etc. Further collect necessary documents. Besides the consent of biological mother (or copies of the judgment on deprivation of the parental rights) and your own statement of claim about adoption will demand from you: - copy of the marriage certficate; - medical certificate about state of your health; - the document confirming the right of use of premises or the property right to premises. - certificate of non-conviction; Depending on a situation the court can demand characteristic from work, the certificate of the salary, the consent of the child (if he was 10 years old).

3. On the basis of the positive judgment, in the nearest office the REGISTRY OFFICE you can change to the child data in the birth certificate. Now you rightfully can be called a mom.

Author: «MirrorInfo» Dream Team