Sometimes there are situations in which documentary confirmation of paternity is required. Assessment on appearance or on day of conception does not bear in itself validity whereas paternity proof on blood test on DNA can be presented as the proof in court.
It is required to you
- - DNA sample of mother;
- - DNA sample of the alleged father;
- - DNA sample of the child;
- - data on a blood type and Rhesus factor of the father, mother and child;
1. Knowing blood types of mom, the child and the alleged father, you can make preliminary estimate of whether this person is a father of your child. The fact is that the blood type is defined by only three genes therefore rather just to count what blood type the child can have if you know blood types of parents. Look according to the table whether the blood type of your child coincides with estimated. The result can be considered negative if it turns out that at such combination of blood types as the father and mother, at the child cannot have that a blood type which is available for it. The reliability of such negative result is about 99%. At the same time the positive result does not say for 100% in any way that this person – the child's father.
2. One more known parameter of blood – a Rhesus factor. It is less indicative, than a blood type as its inheritance is defined by only one gene. Apparently from the table, rather authentically it is possible to say that the alleged father is not that only if both parents have a negative Rhesus factor, and at the child - positive.
3. The method according to the analysis of DNA is recognized as the most exact method of paternity proof. It allows to define as far as DNA of the child is similar to DNA of the alleged father. Results of this test can have validity. To carry out the analysis of DNA on paternity, you will need to provide in laboratory DNA samples of mother, alleged father (fathers) and the child. It can be blood, then you need to resort to the help to laboratory. It is also possible to provide a sample of saliva or scrape mucous a mouth if in laboratory to which you address it is allowed. Usually obtaining results of such analysis takes about 14 days, but some laboratories provide service of the urgent analysis which will be more expensive. The reliability of negative result is considered close to 100%, and the reliability of positive result is estimated at 99-99.9%.
4. There are laboratories providing service of the house DNA test. In this case, send you detailed instructions on an intake of biological material which you send by mail. Results of such testing cannot be the proof in court, but can help to dispel doubts if those appear.