Kids on artificial feeding, unlike the age-mates of "estestvennik", unfortunately do not receive completely balanced food. Therefore the feeding up to them begins to be entered earlier. It allows to introduce necessary vitamins and minerals in the menu of the child, and to make food more various. As the result - at the child will be an adequate increase in weight, excellent health and good mood.
1. To enter a feeding up the child on artificial feeding can begin since four-five months. At the beginning enter a small portion (1-2 teaspoons) of one product. Then the portion is increased and completely replace with it one feeding. Gradually enter new dishes into a diet. It is necessary to offer a feeding up to the kid from a spoon, before feeding by dairy mix.
2. The first days enter a feeding up into time of day feeding. Each subsequent new product is entered with an interval not less than one week. Categorically it is impossible to begin to enter a feeding up if the child is sick or to it preventive vaccination was done. All products for a feeding up have to be in the form of puree. Otherwise the kid will have difficulties with ingestion of food.
3. Vegetable puree will be ideal for the first feeding up. It contains many vitamins and celluloses, does not cause allergies and is easily acquired. Begin with broccoli or a squash. Show patience – vegetables are not familiar to the kid yet, he needs to get used to new dishes.
4. Since six months it is possible to offer the child porridge – at first buckwheat, corn or rice. Since eight months it is possible to give oat or semolina porridges, porridges with vegetable or butter (3-4 grams). It is necessary to begin introduction of a feeding up with porridge only if the child does not grow fat or it has a loose stool.
5. Introduction to a diet of fruit puree and juice will become the next stage.
6. Avoid some puree from exotic fruits and berries. Remember that having tried a sweet dish, the kid can refuse to eat quite fresh vegetables. Try as it is possible to enter into the child's diet sugar and salt later.
7. Cottage cheese, eggs, dairy products and meat also should be entered gradually. Cottage cheese and fermented milk products – from half a year, the hard-boiled eggs and meat (rabbit, a turkey, low-fat pork) – since 7-8 months, fish and milk – not earlier than 9-10 months. The amount of cottage cheese by the end of the first year of life of the child should not exceed 50 g a day, the yolk is given not more often than two times a week, fish – one-two times a week.
8. The scheme of introduction of a feeding up has to be surely agreed with the pediatrician, taking into account specific features of development of the child. It is necessary to watch carefully a condition of skin and a chair at the child. At emergence of allergic reactions or change of quality of a chair of the child it is worth canceling immediately entered product and to address the expert.