For measurement of basal temperature the method under the name "fertile phase on change of basal temperature" is used. Such method is explained by the fact that different phases of a menstrual cycle have various fluctuations of temperature. It says the fact that in these various phases of a cycle the different level of hormones which show temperature is defined.
It is required to you
1. In the period of a menstrual cycle the woman's temperature always raised (37.0 and above). During the first phase of a cycle (follicular) to the ovulation temperature of low, about 37.0 - 37.5 degrees. Before there comes the ovulation period, temperature decreases, and after an ovulation rises by 0.5 degrees at once (approximately up to 37.6 – 38.6 degrees). Such increased temperature keeps to the following periods. If the woman is pregnant, then the periods will not be, and the increased temperature will keep throughout all pregnancy.
2. There are some recommendations about measurement of basal temperature: - Temperature can be taken in a mouth, in a vagina or in a rectum. - Temperature should be taken every morning in the same period without getting up and at once to write down indicators. During the menstrual period it is also recommended to continue to measure and write down indications. - Also it is necessary to take temperature not less, than after a three-hour continuous dream. - It is recommended to take temperature the same thermometer. - It should be noted all collateral factors (stress, a depression, moving, sex, etc.). It will allow to understand at interpretation later why there were deviations in graphics of temperatures. - It is necessary to make entry of indications of the thermometer at once later not to forget about them. - It should be noted that for the exact schedule it is necessary to observe at least 3 months.
3. If high temperature remains for 3 days longer, than in the period of a usual phase of a yellow body (such phase after an ovulation to the following menstrual cycle is characterized by high temperatures – higher than 37.0 degrees), the probability of pregnancy is high.
4. If the first phase of periods is unstable and can fluctuate, then the phase of a yellow body is very stable and makes about 12-14 days. It is very important to watch the second phase, but not all cycle.
5. Usually the schedule is divided into two phases: in the beginning – the phase of low temperatures, and then, right after an ovulation, sharply rises up, and is called a phase of a yellow body (high temperatures). If after the second phase the additional temperature jump appears up (sometimes gradual), the schedule becomes three-phase and the probability of pregnancy is high.
6. If in a row 18 high temperatures are observed, then pregnancy occurred for certain.