The squash is one of the best products to start a feeding up. This vegetable is vitamin-rich also minerals, is easily acquired by a children's organism, and, above all practically does not cause allergies. If feeding up time for the child comes in the winter or in the spring, think of preparation of squash in advance.
It is required to you
- - cutting board;
- - vegetable peeler;
- - towel;
- - water;
- - polietiyenovy packages;
- - food wrap;
- - container.
1. Select young strong squash no more than 18-20 centimeters long. Fruits have to have the intact thin skin.
2. Carefully wash up vegetables under a stream of warm flowing water, if necessary use a soft brush or a sponge. Spread out squash to a towel and wait for their full drying.
3. Exempt fruits from a thin skin and a fruit stem by means of a vegetable peeler. Cut squash in cubes, small bars or circles.
4. Put pieces on the tray (cutting board) which is wrapped up in food wrap. It will prevent freezing of squash to a board surface. Remove a tray in the freezer for 3-5 hours. During this time vegetables will rime and will not stick to each other in storage time.
5. Pour out squash pieces in a strong package or put them in a plastic container. Write date of freezing on a container and remove back in the freezer. The vegetables prepared thus will keep all useful qualities up to the following harvest.