The child was born, and the first few days care for it is taken by medical personnel of maternity hospital. But there will come the moment when young mom independently, without the assistance of careful nurses has to take the newborn on hands. This moment is disturbing and responsible therefore inexperienced mothers have to learn in advance how it is correct to do it.
1. Try to calm down and not to be nervous before you take the kid on hands. Otherwise awkwardness and constraint in movements can lead to the wrong actions and even to a trauma of the child.
2. Get up opposite to the baby so that his head was located to the left of you, and a leg on the right, you will have him on the left hand - usually quite so hold on hands of the baby.
3. Bend over the newborn to reduce his "way" to you, each raising of the kid from a bed – a stress for it. Therefore let the distance to you which it has to overcome will be shorter.
4. Bring the left palm with thumbs up under the newborn's neck so that big and index fingers supported the child's head, his neck was located in the center of your palm, and a part of a palm under a ring finger and a little finger together with pointed a finger supported an upper back of the child. Thus the lower part of a skull, a neck and an upper back of the child will lie on your palm. It is simple, it is worth trying to do some time these actions.
5. Bring the right hand under the kid from his left side and arrange his waist, buttocks and upper thighs on the right palm and a wrist.
6. Try to lift the child from a low surface of a bed or a pelenator not only force of hands, and connect force of the back to this action. In this case it will not be necessary to leave the child on weight on your hands: it will reduce the probability that the kid will slide off them and to the baby will be more comfortable.
7. After the newborn was taken on hands, it is necessary to arrange correctly him. Press the kid horizontally to the body. Holding the child's head on the left palm, the smooth movement translate the right palm from under a waist and buttocks of the kid under his back. At this movement the kid gradually settles down on the right hand up to its elbow bend, and the palm of this right hand gradually adopts the provision under his head.
8. When your right palm reaches the head of the child and you will be able to support her, the left hand has to make the movement along a back to buttocks of the kid. At the same time the newborn from the right hand is shifted to left. At the correct arrangement the head and a back of the child have to lie on the left hand at an elbow bend, a buttock – in the left palm, support hips of the newborn by a palm of the right hand.