Despite all advantages of breastfeeding, sometimes there are such situations when it is necessary to transfer the kid to artificial nutrition. Having chosen quality dairy mix and having studied psychological aspects of such replacement, at observance of the correct mode it is possible to make this process by the most painless both for the child, and for mother.
It is required to you
- - children's mix;
- - small bottle for baby food.
1. If there is an opportunity, prepare excommunication from a breast in advance. Most often such situation arises when mom needs to come to work through a certain period of time. It is good if it turns out to drag out process of excommunication for 3 – 4 weeks. Such smooth transition will help to avoid excess stresses. Gradually reduce the number of feedings by a breast. At first remove when at you least of all milk. Keep such schedule 4 - 5 of days, then replace one more feeding. Do it so that chest and artificial alternated. In 4 – 5 days repeat replacement of feeding according to the same scheme. If full transition to artificial nutrition is required, continue to do so, do not exclude breast milk from a diet yet. If there is no such need, can pass to partial artificial feeding, having kept in the schedule of feeding by a breast when it is possible.
2. If there is no possibility of gradual transition, then pay special attention to that the child did not feel thrown. Take it on hands as much as possible, talk, caress. Attract dad. It is better that he gave the first small bottle or any of relatives. Perhaps, in this case the kid will easier agree replacement as mom at him is associated with feeding by a breast.
3. One more of the major aspects: quality of mix. It is important that it did not cause allergies in the child and satisfied all his needs for food. Surely consult to the pediatrician. The doctor observing the child since the birth and knowing features of its organism will be able to make the best recommendations about selection of new food.
4. You watch the weight of the child and the number of urinations. It will help to understand whether the schedule of artificial feeding is correctly adjusted. Normal in day there have to be about 12 urinations. If it is more of them or less, it is necessary to change a food dosage. It is necessary to do it only after consultation with the pediatrician.
5. Transition with chest to artificial feeding can be difficult not only for the child, but also for mom. In certain cases in a breast there can be consolidations and painful feelings. At the first symptoms massage a breast and decant a little milk so that to kill pain. But do not decant everything, otherwise its development will be stimulated again.