Emergence in family of the kid is always connected with a set of problems, cares and experiences. Often parents worry concerning cold hands at the child. Quite often it causes alarm and concern for health of the kid, in appearance he looks quite healthy. Meanwhile, he has cold extremities.
The reasons of cold hands at the newborn
Newborns often have cold hands. Sometimes on them it is even possible to notice a bluish shade. But it is not a disease indicator at all. Cold extremities at babies are a consequence of badly developed blood circulatory system. If at the same time at the child the good appetite and a dream remains, there are no special reasons for concern. As a rule, the situation returns to normal by 3-4 month.
What reasons of cold hands at children?
The reason of cold hands in infancy is clear. But sometimes this problem does not pass with age, and parents seriously think of what with it to do. So, if you constantly observe cold extremities at the kid, can be probable causes:
- disease of a thyroid gland;
- vegeto-vascular dystonia;
- iron deficiency anemia.
First of all, it is necessary to eliminate a possibility of these diseases, having shown the child to the doctor. Vegeto-vascular dystonia is the most frequent reason. As a rule, it is observed at children from about 5 to 7 years. The organism actively develops in this period and vessels often do not manage to adapt. It can occur also at teenage age. The main thing, parents need to watch that in a diet of the child there were enough vitamins and minerals. If dystonia does not pass also in later age (from 12 to 17 years), it is necessary to show the teenager to the doctor. Timely treatment will save it from many problems.
Also the disease of a thyroid gland can be the reason. At violation of its functions the production of hormones decreases. The organism does not receive enough energy, and extremities begin to freeze.
Iron deficiency anemia can lead to "a syndrome of cold hands" owing to the shortage of such important element as iron. It causes fast dispersion of heat in an organism, and as a result — freezing of extremities.
The temporary cold snap of hands can be caused in children by overcooling or cold. Leads violation of a thermolysis and narrowing of vessels to it. As a rule, when the child recovers, the problem disappears by itself.
What to do if the kid has cold hands?
There are several councils which can help to get rid of a problem of cold hands at children:
- Eliminate a possibility of above-mentioned diseases, having shown to the doctor of your child.
- You watch that the kid conducted active life. Not superfluous will do exercises in the mornings. It helps to bring a body into a tone and to improve blood circulation.
- It is necessary that the child had qualitative clothes: was an easy fit and did not constrain the movement.
- It is important to pay attention to a diet of the kid. It has to contain necessary amount of carbohydrates, fats, proteins and minerals. It is also necessary to give to the child hot food.
- Ginger in a diet of all family will be not superfluous. This plant is characterized by the warming and toning effect. But it is important not to forget that ginger cannot be given to too small children. Also it is undesirable to the people having stomach ulcer.
The problem of cold hands at children disturbs considerable number of parents. It does not constitute big health hazard of the kid. The main thing is to take measures in time. We hope that above-mentioned advice will help your kid to get rid of this problem.