Hard drives can be blocked in Windows OS without attraction of the additional software by regular means of the system. This operation serves increasing the level of security of the computer and excludes a possibility of modification of files of the blocked disks.
1. Open the main system menu, having clicked "Start-up" and pass into the Control panel point. Open the link "Device manager" and select the disk which is subject to blocking in the directory. Use the Driver tab and click "Disconnect".
2. Open a context menu of an element of a desktop "My computer" by click of the right mouse button and specify a command "Management". Open the link "Management of Disks" in the opened dialog box and open a context menu of the volume which is subject to blocking, click of the right mouse button. Specify the Change of a Drive Letter command and use the option "Delete" in the following dialog box.
3. Open a context menu of volume which needs to be blocked, by click of the right mouse button and specify the Properties point. Go to the Safety tab of the opened dialog box and use the Change button. Specify the option "All" in the directory and confirm the choice, having pressed the OK button. Click "Add" and enter values of names of accounts to which are ready to provide access to the selected disk. Confirm performing the selected action, having pressed the OK button.
4. Return to the main Start-up system menu for use of the most radical method of blocking of the selected disk and pass into a dialog "Execute". Enter regedit value to the line "Open" and confirm start of the utility of the editor of the register, having pressed the OK button.
5. Open a branch HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesExplorer and create new line parameter with the name NoViewOnDrive. Open the created key doubleclick of a mouse and assign necessary value for blocking of a disk: - 1 - for volume A; - 4 - With; - 8 - D; - 16 - E; - 32 - F; - 64 - G; - 128 - N.Podtverdite the choice, having pressed the OK button, also complete the work of the editor. Apply the made changes, having rebooted a system.