Change of parameters of speed of port can be required in need of increase in speed of Internet connection. Performing operation does not require use of the additional software and means existence of deep knowledge of area of resources of the computer.
1. Click "Start-up" for a call of the main menu of a system and pass into the Control panel point for performing operation of editing parameters of COM and LPT ports.
2. Open the link "System" ("Performance and service" - "System" - for Windows XP) and select the Equipment item.
3. Specify the section "Device manager" and click the + icon in the section "Ports".
4. Open a context menu of the Serial Port COM1 element by click of the right mouse button and specify the Properties point.
5. Go to the Parameters of Port tab of the opened properties window and select the greatest possible value in a drop-down list in the field "Speed (Bps)".
6. Return to the main menu "Start-up" and pass into the Execute point for performing editing parameters of throughput of the channel.
7. Enter gpedit.msc value in the field "Open" and press the OK button for confirmation of command execution.
8. Go to the Computer Configuration tab of the opened dialog box and select the Administrative Templates item.
9. Specify point "Network" and pass into the Manager of Packages of QoS point.
10. Open the link "Background Intellectual Service of Transfer (BITS)" and make sure that the maximum throughput of the computer is selected.
11. Return to the main menu "Start-up" and pass into the Control panel point for change of parameters of maximum speed of port of the modem.
12. Open the Phone and Modem component and go to the Modems tab of the opened dialog box.
13. Open a context menu of the modem which is subject to setup by click of the right mouse button and select the Properties item.
14. Go to the Modem tab of a new dialog box and specify desirable speed in the Speed of Port for the Modem directory.