Setup of MAC filtering is the first "line of defense" against undesirable or harmful traffic and implements protection of wireless connection at the hardware level.
1. Open the main menu of the Windows system of the version of XP by clicking of the Start-up button for connection to the selected modem and pass into a dialog "Execute". Enter telnet value in the Open field and authorize implementation of the procedure of opening of the command console clicking of the OK button. Enter value
in a text box of the console also confirm command execution with introduction of value of the administrator password.
2. Enter value 21 in a text box of the menu of administration and confirm menu selection "Setup of filters" with clicking of a function key of Enter. Create the new filter in the field with number 1 and assign it any convenient name. Authorize creation of the filter clicking of a function key of Enter and conduct values:
- Generic Filter Rule - in the field of Filter Type;
- ffffffffffff - in the line Mask;
- vybrannyy_MAS_adres - in the line Value.
Do not forget that the procedure of creation of the rule means input of number of the rule and authorization by pressing Enter.
3. Use forward value for all created rules, except the last, in the action matched parameter and select the option check next rule for each action not matched key for address enable to the Internet only to computers with the selected MAC addresses. Save the forward value for the action matched parameter in the last created rule, but change value of the action not matched key to drop. Maintaining check next rule value in this case can result in need of performing the operation hard reset.
4. Use drop value for all created rules, except the last, in the action matched parameter and select the option check next rule for each action not matched key for the ban of Internet access only to computers with the selected MAC addresses. Save the drop value for the action matched parameter in the last created rule, but change value of the action not matched key to forward.
5. Return to the main menu of the modem and pass into Paragraph 3 in the above way. Open submenu 1 and specify value of the created filter in the line device filters. Repeat this procedure for each created filter, using the sign "comma" for determination of the sequence of application.