Ventrilo – the client-server application intended for voice communication online. Its main feature is the possibility of simultaneous participation of unlimited number of people in a conversation. Most often the server is installed for communication between players of one command during a network computer game.
It is required to you
- - separate server or computer;
- - earphones and microphone.
1. Pass to the official site of the Ventrilo developer. The distribution kit is in the section Download on the left panel of the page. Download two packages of the program from the sections Client programs and Server programs, having selected suitable platforms. Versions for the server and for the client can differ.
2. The server is installed on the personal computer or the car which is specially rented at hosting provider. If you make setup on a house system, for successful work you should have the constant IP address and rather powerful Internet channel. If you decided to get the selected serverer, then at emergence of questions or difficulties at installation you will be able always to ask a hoster for the help.
3. If you install Ventrilo on the computer running Linux OS, previously extract the downloaded archive and copy it in the server directory. Edit the configuration file which is in the vi/root/ventsrv/ventrilo_srv.ini folder. Change the Auth parameters (the value 1 is exposed if authorization for users is necessary, and 0 — if it is not necessary), AdminPassword (admin password) and Password (user password).
4. That the voice server was started right after start of the computer, register in the system file/etc/rc.local a command: cd /root/ventsrv/;/root/ventsrv/ventrilo_srv &
5. Installation is complete. Each user in addition should install the application client on the computer, and then configure it by means of the corresponding menu items, having entered the IP address of the server. For a successful conversation each participant also should have earphones and the configured microphone.