Need of creation of own server, as a rule, arises if desired to organize access to any files for users. Access can be as free, and with authentication – that is introduction of the login and password. It is possible to create the simplest server on the basis of the normal home computer.
It is required to you
- - setup disk with Windows 7;
1. If you want to organize access to files, then you need the ftp-server. The FTP protocol is very convenient for viewing directories of the remote computer, work with it differs from use of normal "Conductor" of Windows a little. As a rule, "heavy" files spread for downloading on ftp-servers.
2. It is the simplest to create the server in Windows 7, however you need the setup disk as at installation of the operating system the ftp-server automatically is not put. Insert a disk into the disk drive, close the emerged window. Then open path: "Start-up" - "Control panel" - "Programs and components". When the window opens, select the Inclusion or Shutdown of the Windows Components item.
3. In the following opened window you need the IIS Services list, expand it. After that already in it open the FTP Server list. Check the FTP Service point. In already mentioned IIS Services list find the Control Facilities Website list. Open it, check the Console of Management of IIS point, click OK. After that the operating system will install noted components.
4. Now you should configure the ftp-server. Open "Control panel", select "A system and safety" - "Administration" - "Control of the computer". Find in the appeared window and open the Services and Applications group, then open "The manager of IIS services". In a window of "Connection" select a directory "Websites". Then on the right, in the section "Actions", click the Add the FTP Website point.
5. In the Data on the Website window enter his name and arrangement. By default path to the website such: С:\inetpub\ftproot. Having entered the necessary data, click "Further". Specify settings of a binding and SSL in a new window. Binding: "All free", port 21. Section SSL: "Without SSL". Click "Further", in a new window touch nothing. Click "Is ready", the website will be created.
6. It was necessary to configure Windows firewall. Again open "Control panel", then "System and Safety" - "Windows Firewall" - "Additional parameters". Find the Rules for the Entering Connections point, activate "the FTP server (incoming traffic)" and "FTP Server Passive (FTP Passive Traffic-In)". These actions you opened 21 ports for incoming connections and set the range of ports for the passive mode.
7. In the section "Rules for Outgoing Connection" activate the FTP Server (FTP Traffic-Out) point, you will open for these the 20th port for outbound connections. Now users can be connected to your IP address to your ftp-server, browse and download the files which are on it. You can configure access by the password, for this purpose come into the section "Local Users and Groups" and create new users.