Settings of the user of the computer are stored in the separate special folder on a disk C. In this regard at reinstallation of the operating system, you should configure settings for the requirements again. If you do not want to do it, then can move the profile on other disk.
1. Activate the user "Administrator". For this purpose start the main menu "Start-up", find the line "Computer" and click it the right mouse button. In the appeared menu select item "Management". The system window in which click on the Local Users point - "Users" will open. Select the line "Administrator" and open its properties. Remove a tick near the inscription "Disconnect the Account". If you want to transfer the Administrator profile, then it is necessary to create the new user and to grant it the administrative rights.
2. Create the directory to which you want to transfer a user profile. For example, D: / User. It is necessary to do it from under that user for whom this operation is made.
3. Press the Start-up button and choose the Quit the System command. Log into the system under the Administrator or under a new profile with the rights of the administrator. Find on a disk C the folder with the necessary profile and copy from not all folders and files about the created directory. It is necessary to do it under the rights of the administrator as a part of files are system and not just like that are not copied.
4. Come into the Execute function of the Start menu and enter the regedit command. Click input to open the editor of the register. Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/ProfileList branch / in which the list of users of a system is stored. Thumb through all subbranches and find that which contains path to your old folder of a profile in the ProfileImagePath parameter. Open this parameter and change path to new.
5. Quit the system and come under a user profile which is transferred. Open the editor of the register and pass into HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/Shell Folders branch. Change all parameters of the section, having specified new path in the folder of a profile. Reboot that settings became effective.