Kat (from English "cut" – "cut") - reduction of the text of the blog posting to the announcement. On different platforms for this operation different HTML tags are used. However there is also a universal way to remove the text under kat, using a uniform of the visual editor.
1. On a blogging platform open the page of creation of the new message. Set the Visual Editor mode. Type the text of the announcement and the full text of article. Then select the text which you want to hide.
2. Find the Insert button in a top panel. The button can look differently, usually on it the cut page is represented. On an illustration it is specified how it looks on the LJ platform. Click on it.
3. In the appeared dialog box enter a word which will be displayed after the announcement. When clicking it the full text of article opens, by default it can be phrases: "Further", "Read further" or similar. Pay attention that at disclosure of the full text this word disappears. So if you want to make the link to full article the last word of the announcement, duplicate it after the kat.
4. At the same time most of bloggers prefer to use HTML tags though to some extent it is a little more difficult. It is optional to remember all tags, especially on the Internet it is full of the resources of encyclopedic sense storing HTM tags of a number of jewelry for the blog (a picture insert, use of tables, application of a color framework and selections for the text). One of such resources is specified in the appendix to article, but tags for the kat on blogging platforms, except for LJ are not listed there. It is possible to learn the tag for other platform. Type the text in the visual editor, use the special Insert button. Then click "HTML-mode" or "Source" (the name changes depending on a resource, the essence remains). The typed message will open in the corresponding mode.
5. Tags of the kat are displayed before a phrase "Read further" or similar and come to an end after the removed fragment. If desired copy them and save in the separate file. Later you can use them at execution of the new message.