E-mail the - the checked, reliable and convenient means of communication. Thanks to a possibility of creation of attachments in letters, it is possible to transmit not only the text, but also files of any format through email. However the e-mail server of the addressee can set restrictions for letter data volume. What to do if it is necessary to transfer the big file by mail?
It is required to you
- - email client or access to the web interface of mail service;
- - connection to the Internet;
- - file manager with function of splitting the file, utility for splitting the file or the archiver with function of creation of multivolume archives.
1. Learn the maximum total amount of the letter which accepts the e-mail server of the correspondent. If the mailbox of the recipient of the big file is serviced by the company providing public service visit the website of this company or service. Study information provided there. Most likely, on the website key parameters of the services offered clients are specified.
3. Create the temporary folder on the hard drive of the computer. Seize any file manager or the corresponding opportunities of the operating system. If on a disk there is already a directory intended for storage of temporary files it is possible to use it.
4. Break the big file intended for sending by mail into parts. The size of each part should be a little (on several dozen kilobyte) less maximum allowed volume of data accepted by the e-mail server of the recipient. The result of splitting should be placed in earlier created temporary directory.
5. If in the file manager there is a possibility of division of the file, use it. For example, to break the file in Total Commander, it is necessary to select it in one of panels. In other panel it is necessary to open the target folder (temporary directory). Then it is necessary to select the items "File", "Break the File..." in the menu, to enter value of volume of a part and to click OK.
6. Use functions of creation of multivolume archives of programs archivers for division of data of the transferred file into parts. Advantage of this method is that the total amount of data can be significantly reduced. However, the recipient of the file should have the corresponding program unpacker.
7. To segment the file, it is possible to use also special utilities. For example, the Linux family OS distribution kits, as a rule, include the split program intended for this purpose.
8. Transfer the big file by mail. Send to the recipient the first of parts into which the source file, as the e-mail attachment was broken. Specify the list of all parts and the program which needs to be used for their assembly in the text of the letter. Send other parts of the file in attachments of e-mails.