The phishing becomes one of the most popular ways of fraud on the Internet. Its purpose is obtaining personal data of the person for illegal use. Everyone who has the e-mail address can fall a victim of such deception.
It is required to you
- - modern antivirus;
- - browser about an antispam modules.
1. In due time update anti-virus providing. It can prevent such things as loading of a trojan from the web address which is disguised under safe HTTPS connection. If your antivirus was released more than a year ago, then the computer, as a rule, is more susceptible to the attacks which can damage the operating system and put personal data at risk of phishing attacks.
2. Do not click hyperlinks in e-mails. Not the best idea will use redirections in letters from unfamiliar addressees. It is impossible to foresee whether the present link or it is a malicious code. Some hyperlinks can redirect you on false HTML pages. There from you will ask to enter confidential information. If you really want to check the link, then manually copy it in a line of the address of the web browser. Many Internet kliyetov have programs which are built in an anti-phishing. They will block transition to the unsafe website.
3. Check HTTPS (SSL). Every time when you enter confidential information, such as bank information, make sure that in an address bar letters "HTTPS are in the first place://", but not "Http://" there is also a lock icon in the lower right corner of the browser. You can also double click on the lock to check the certificate of third-party SSL which is provided by HTTPS service. Many types of the attacks are not ciphered, but imitate the encrypted page. Always pay attention to that the web page was really ciphered.
4. You do not enter important or financial information in pop-up windows. A widespread method of a phishing is start of a counterfeit pop-up window when the user clicks on the link in a phishing the e-mail message. This window can be even located directly over a window on the real website. Even if the pop-up window looks safely, you should avoid transfer of confidential information. Close pop-up windows, having clicked a cross in the upper right corner. On "cancel" clicking can redirect you according to the link or load a malicious code.
5. Enable protection against DNS of the attacks. It is new type of phishing attacks which works not via e-mail, and poisons on the local DNS server and allows to redirect all web requests on other website which looks similar to the website of the company (for example, eBay or PayPal). For example, if the user enters the web address of eBay, then such DNS server redirects the user on a fraudulent website. Against such attacks it is the best of all to use protection of DNS servers or a superstructure of antiviruses.