Users of Internet network evaluated long ago convenience of mobile modems which can use on the way and business trips. It caused abundance of usb-devices which provide Internet access in a cover zone of the selected operator. From what device is selected, the speed and transmission quality of data will depend.
1. For connection with the Internet the USB modem is connected to the computer through usb-port. For connection to network the users need only the software and a telephone line. Generally in all usb-modems there is a built-in memory in which all drivers are stored.
2. Usb-modems of "the big three" of operators enjoy the most wide popularity: Beeline modem 3G; MTS modem 3G; Megafon modem 3G.
What is better to select the operator for connection to the Internet, everyone defines independently, proceeding from the offered data plans. And here it is recommended to pay attention to technical characteristics of the device.
3. Now on sale there are several types of modems. The vendor of the modem does not matter though device cost can depend on it. It is important to pay attention to speed. On maximum speeds the modems are divided into 3.6, 7.2, 14.4 and 28.8 Mbps.
4. High-speed modems provide not only higher data transmission rate and also more advanced data transmission technologies (HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA, HSPA+) that promotes the greatest efficiency of data transmission.
5. With a speed of 3.6 Mbps the mobile network operators offer USB modems almost free of charge for payment of several months ahead of the unlimited Internet. And even with a speed of 7.2 Mbps it is possible to buy the modem at quite affordable price. Devices with higher speed and cost have more serious.
6. Specify several questions at call center operators to be sure of the choice for hundred percent: what cover zone at mobile network operator; what average rate of connection in acceptance region; how to pick up the modem for your computer or the laptop; what cost of data plans of limit and unlimited data plans.