For a Christmas table in the USA, Great Britain and many other countries there is a special menu. Most often the stuffed turkey becomes the main hot dish. The type of a stuffing depends on tastes of owners and traditions of the concrete country. For example, the recipe of the bird stuffed with chestnuts is popular in France.
It is required to you
- - 1 turkey weighing about 3 kg;
- - 300 g of white loaf;
- - bunch of caraway seeds, green onions and parsley;
- - bay leaf;
- - 300 ml of milk;
- - 4 eggs;
- - 450 g of chestnuts;
- - 1 carrots;
- - 50 g of a root of a celery;
- - olive oil;
- - salt and fresh ground black pepper.
1. From bread cut off a crust, and crush a crumb plasticity. Warm up milk and soak in it bread. After that slightly wring out pulp to remove excess milk. Clean and crush carrots and a root of a celery. Wash up and cut parsley. Roast chestnuts in a dry frying pan until their cover begins to burst. Cool ready fruits, clean and crush. Postpone a third of chestnuts for sauce.
2. Warm a frying pan with a small amount of vegetable oil and fry in it carrots and a celery. Put vegetables in a deep bowl, add to them greens, bread and chestnuts. There break eggs, salt, pepper and mix everything. A turkey wash up, if necessary draw. Rub her I will merge from within and outside, fill with forcemeat and sew a section, using a thick needle and dense threads. Oil a form for roasting, put a bird there. Warm an oven and bake in it a turkey within 3 hours. 2-3 times during this time get a dish from an oven and water a turkey with the melted juice. For half an hour before the end of preparation cover a dish with a foil that at a bird the crisp turned out.
3. Make sauce. For this purpose merge all juice which turned out at preparation in a pan. Add to it the remained chestnuts and you cook sauce of 10 minutes on average fire. Salt and pepper. Serve a turkey with boiled potatoes or rice, having watered a garnish and meat with the made sauce.