Many weed plants after cultivation began to use not only in cookery, but also other areas of activity of the person. They are actively grown up in the personal and production purposes. One of such examples — a coriander.
So, where the former weed is now applied?
Description and appearance
Coriander — a cultural grassy annual plant which is used as spice not only in culinary art, but also other industries.
Important! Greens of a plant are called cilantro, and fruits — a coriander.
Its height can reach 70 cm, the root system is similar to a spindle. The upright smooth stalk branches to the top, and a form of leaves same, as well as at parsley. The coriander has pink or white florets and fruits in the form of ridge small balls.
Types of spices
- Amber — essential oil-bearing spice. It has plentiful greens and a pronounced smell. On taste the leaves are very gentle.
- Carib (practically Amber analog).
- Debut — the cilantro which is grown up on greens. Spice grows to 30 cm in height. It has strong aroma, pleasant and gentle taste.
- Incentive — a grade for vegetable combinations.
- Borodino — spice with juicy leaves and bright aroma. It is used for preparation of bakery products, salads, meat and fish.
- Taiga — an annual plant with a bright color, dense greens and a bright smell.
- Venus is a late grade with gentle aroma.
- Vanguard — an undersized mid-season coriander with white florets. Foliage is gentle therefore it is used for preparation of salads.
Caloric content and nutrition value
In 100 g of a product contains:
- 92.2 g of water;
- 2.8 g of food fibers;
- 1.5 g of ashes;
- 0.87 g mono - and disaccharides;
- 0.014 g of saturated fatty acids.
Whether you know? A coriander — a fine melliferous herb therefore coriander honey is highly appreciated among true experts on this product.
Components of fresh greens:
- 3.8% of carbohydrates;
- 2% of proteins;
- 0.5% of fats.
Caloric content of a coriander is 216 kcal, and cilantro (leaves) — 23 kcal.
Cilantro — a source of phytosterols, pectin and cellulose. Besides, vitamins (it is well-cared, PP, K, E, V, S, A) and minerals are its part:
- calcium (Ca);
- manganese (Mn);
- zinc (Zn);
- iron (Fe);
- selenium (Se);
- phosphorus (P);
- copper (Cu);
- potassium (K);
- magnesium (Mg);
- sodium (Na).
Coriander — a unique plant. It is applied as antioxidant, a digestion stimulator, antiseptics and aphrodisiac in traditional medicine. Spice dilutes blood and improves warm activity (cleans and strengthens vessels), has bile-expelling properties and promotes increase in appetite.
It is often applied as resolvent which reduces puffiness. The coriander is also effective at atherosclerosis — it reduces the number of deposits of cholesterol on arterial walls, and in addition normalizes a menstrual cycle and has antibacterial effect.
Sea-buckthorn oil, apple cider vinegar, kiwi, kinoa, carrots, dried apricots, urbech, tomato juice, a chaga, pumpkin, a cranberry, a bergenia, an aroniya, cabbage, grapes, a gooseberry, a pomelo strengthen vessels.
Minerals which contain in plant leaves prevent process of aging of eyes and fungal diseases of skin. Besides, removal of slags from an organism is result of its application.
The coriander (seeds, greens, essential oil) can be used in various spheres of life. Most often it is cookery, but in the practice folk healers still actively use a plant.
Seeds use as seasoning for dishes in the form of sunflower seeds or powder. Often on counters it is possible to meet bakery products with addition of cilantro, sausage with greens and other dishes.
Also do marinades and tinctures of the whole grains. Producers add them to the alcoholic products (for example, gin or liqueur).
Greens of a coriander are called cilantro, it is externally similar to parsley, however has absolutely other taste. Most often such spice is necessary for preparation of dishes of the Caucasian, Thai and east cuisines. The best to combine it with meat, a bird and fish.
In production of perfume essential coriander oil is used. Also it is applied to improvement of tastes of some medicines. Besides, oil serves as a component of some cosmetics, liqueurs and soap means.
Application in cookery
Different parts of a coriander differ from each other in taste. Fresh greens have pronounced aroma and taste, it is suitable for salads, meat dishes, soups and sandwiches (as ornament). But it is worth being careful with such additive: the specific taste can cause negative reaction to a dish.
Important! Do not use spice uncontrolledly not to do much harm to the organism. Large numbers of seeds or greens can lead to problems of a GIT and allergies.
Also the coriander is often used for preparation of preservation, a pickles and marinades. It is suitable and for the Borodino bread and rolls. Tasty combinations to cilantro and seeds:
- cabbage dishes (Russian cabbage soup, stewed cabbage, etc.);
- rice, potatoes, haricot, peas;
- fresh vegetables salad;
- meat, bird, fish;
- kvass, coffee, kislomolochka.
Also you remember that this plant does not suffer heat treatment therefore it is necessary to add it at the last stage of preparation or on readiness of dishes directly to a plate.
Application in medicine
In traditional medicine the coriander is applied in combination with fennel, an anise and caraway seeds. There are some examples:
- oil is used for decrease in level of sugar in blood;
- tinctures from grains are effective in cases of treatment of diseases of a liver, inflammation of a gall bladder, bronchitis and other;
- hemorrhoids are treated by mix from leaves of a cassia, a yarrow, a buckthorn of bark, coriander grains and roots of a licorice (everything mixes up with hot water and is applied daily);
- inflammation bilious it is possible to treat by means of mix from flowers of caraway seeds, coriander seeds, leaves of watch and hot water;
- from fever infusion from coriander grains and hot water will help.
This plant is effective also at other diseases, but before application it is worth consulting with the expert.
Application in cosmetology
Essential oil of a coriander promotes skin regeneration, it heals wounds and eliminates peeling. It is used for production of creams for the person with antibacterial effect.
Oil is necessary also for masks for hair which are capable to strengthen hair bulbs. In connection with extract of a burdock create masks for recovery of hair structure, strengthening of blood circulation and growth of hair.
Learn what properties of various essential oils — firs, orange, rosemary, a santalaceous, tea tree, a cedar.
Perfumery producers use coriander oil for production of toilet water, spirits and colognes in combination with citrus notes, a pine and sandalwood.
Useful properties of tea with a coriander
To make coriander tea, 1 tsp of seeds or powder and a glass of boiled water is required. It is applied to treatment of allergic manifestations, by removals of an itch, calm, improvement of health, removal of toxins and slags.
Tea will help women:
- to normalize a menstrual cycle;
- to remove spasms of muscles of a stomach;
- to improve health at PMS and a climax;
- to minimize consequences of stressful situations;
- to save itself from migraines and nervous breakdowns;
- to cope with insomnia.
To men recommend to have coriander tea for increase in level of male power (potency) and treatment of prostatitis. Also it is an effective remedy from intoxication and alcoholic intoxication.
Each seasoning can be medicine, study as apply nutmeg, parsley, fennel, cinnamon, ginger, a curry, an anisetree, a marjoram, horse-radish, garlic, onions, mustard, a fenugreek, a carnation, a wormwood.
Contraindications to the use
At diseases and states which are listed below it is better not to eat and not to use various parts of a plant in the medical purposes:
- Cardiac diseases.
- Pregnancy and period of breastfeeding.
Whether you know? To Central and Western Europe the coriander was delivered by Romans, and besides cilantro it is called the Chinese, Mexican and Arab parsley.
Coriander — east spice. It is used as seasoning for culinary dishes, raw materials for production of spirits and cosmetics and also means for treatment of various diseases. As seasoning, cilantro is not dangerous to an organism. If you use it as illness medicine, then uncontrolled application can do much harm to you. Remember that even in traditional medicine the consultation at the expert will not become superfluous.