In the West adjika is called Russian песто. Those who contemptuously sniff, considering that it is a shame not to know that adjika – the Georgian seasoning, not less foreigners are mistaken. Both a word, and a product – the Abkhazian origin. Adjika, in translation from Abkhazian - salt, and seasoning is completely called "adzhikttsatets" - "the salt ground with something". 22 types of herbs, apart from nuts and vegetables can enter adjika, it happens different flowers, but cook only red, with tomatoes.
It is required to you
- Adjika with tomatoes:
- 5 kg of tomatoes;
- 500 g of sweet paprika;
- 150 g of burning chili pepper;
- 150 g of garlic;
- 250 g of a root of horse-radish;
- 1/2 glasses of salt;
- 1 glass of sugar;
- 5 cups of apple cider vinegar
- Red classical adjika:
- 500 g of a sharp capsicum;
- 100 g of garlic;
- 15 g of a coriander;
- on 10 g of fresh greens of fennel
- 100 g of walnuts;
1. Adjika about pomidoramipomidor scald boiled water, dip about ice water and clean from a skin. Cut in half and remove seeds. Cut pulp in cubes.
2. Wash out pepper, scrape seeds and bake in an oven at 220 OS before formation of brown burn marks. Put hot in a bowl, quickly cover with a food polyethylene film and leave for 10-15 minutes. Through the marked period the thin skin on pepper will crack and it easily can be cleaned.
3. It is possible not to clean pepper and tomatoes - then the texture of seasoning will be a little more rough and if not to take out from tomatoes seeds, then and waterier. If you want the most burning seasoning, don't get seeds from chili pepper, in them there is the highest concentration of capsaicin which is responsible for "rage" in pepper.
4. Peel horse-radish. Rub by means of the food processor or miss via the meat grinder. Mix horse-radish, tomatoes, pepper and the crushed garlic. Pyuriruyte blender. You cook on slow fire 2-2.5 hours, then season with vinegar, sugar and salt and shift in the sterilized banks. You store in the cool place.
5. In such look adjika is a little similar to the Italian pesto, and reminds other seasoning much more – Indian to chutney. To enhance similarity, it is possible to add about a kilogram of sour apples to the recipe. They will need to be cleaned, remove a core and to put it is extinguished together with vegetables.
6. But the real classical burning and spicy adjika is cooked by repulping of all components with salt. Earlier almost in each Caucasian house there was a special flat stone on which nuts, herbs and adjika rubbed in paste. Now you can achieve similar consistence by means of the blender, but a part of essential oils will disappear. The authentic taste of adjika can be reached, using a mortar and a pestle.
7. Red classical adzhikaperets wash up, scrape seeds and fill in with warm water that pods didn't emerge, press down them a plate or a plate with cargo. 3-4 hours later drain water, shift pepper and all ingredients in a mortar and pound a pestle, gradually adding salt. Right at the end put a little sugar and also pound it together with bulk.