Cherry – the berry loved by confectioners. Do jelly and mousses of it, decorate with it cakes and cakes. And the main thing – do the most tasty stuffing for pies, pies, rolls, muffins and other pastries of cherry. The only complexity consists in juiciness of this berry – tasty juice can flow out, having spoiled all impression of a dessert. That it didn't occur, berries should be prepared correctly.
It is required to you
- Dense jam:
- 1 kg of ripe cherry;
- 5 glasses of water;
- 3 glasses of sugar;
- 1 tablespoon of powder of gelatin.
- Stuffing for puffs:
- 1 packing (250 g) of fresh-frozen pitted cherries;
- 1 tablespoon of starch;
- 10 teaspoons of sugar.
- Brandied cherries
- 1 glass of tinned cherry;
- 4 tablespoons of cognac.
- Candied fruits
- 1 kg is fresher than some cherry;
- 3 glasses of sugar.
1. For preparation of stuffings it is possible to use as I skin, and fresh-frozen or tinned cherry. The choice of any given option depends on the recipe and personal preferences of the hostess.
2. Dense jam well will be suitable for pastries. Wash out and touch 1 kg of ripe cherry. Remove stones and you cook in 1.5 glasses of water before softening. Add 3 glasses of sugar and continue to cook 15 more minutes. For bigger solidification it is possible to add a tablespoon of powder gelatin to ready hot jam, to stir and leave good before hardening. Such stuffing will be suitable for the opened and closed barmy pies, swiss rolls, a fried pies and donuts.
3. Being going to bake fruit puffs, try other option of a stuffing. Strew the rolled square of puff pastry with potato starch. Atop place several fresh-frozen cherries (previously don't defreeze). Strew with a sugar teaspoon, and from above add a little more starch. Curtail puff and bake – cherry will keep juiciness. Instead of potato starch it is possible to use corn and also semolina. The taste of these products in a finished product isn't felt.
4. For swiss rolls, cakes and cakes it is possible to prepare a brandied cherries. Exempt a glass of tinned cherry without syrup from stones, lay out in a soup plate and fill in with 4 tablespoons of cognac. Leave for 12 hours. Ready berry can be mixed with oil cream and biscuit crumbs and to fill roll or cake or to add to dough when baking cakes and muffins. Chocolate is well combined with a brandied cherries – the product can be covered with glaze or to add cocoa powder to cream.
5. Cherry candied fruits will be suitable for filling of small baskets from shortcake dough and decoration of cakes. Process of their preparation quite labor-consuming, but impresses result. Wash up 1 kg of fresh cherry, dry up and exempt from stones. Fill in berries with boiled water for five minutes. Take out and dry. Pour out water from under berries in a pan, add the 1, 5 glass of sugar, stirring slowly with a wooden spoon, bring to the boil and full sugar remelting. Fill in cherry with hot syrup and leave in heat for day. Take out berries, spread out on a baking sheet. Again pour syrup in which they infused in a pan, add 100 g of sugar and boil, mixing a spoon. Fill in berries and leave for 24 hours. Take out cherry and dry on a baking sheet. Repeat all process three times. Then you dry ready candied fruits within several days. They can be used for a stuffing right after preparation or to store in the cardboard boxes shifted by paper.