Rahat lakoum - the sweet which came to us from the East. The main ingredients at preparation - water, sugar and starch. A variety of a rahat lakoum is reached by addition of nuts and various fruit syrups and juice. Compounding rahat lakoum rather simple. Preparation will demand time. Cherry syrup can be replaced with any other fruit or berry syrup.
It is required to you
- 3 tablespoons of starch;
- 4 glasses of water;
- 4 glasses of sugar;
- 2 tablespoons of cherry syrup;
- 20 гр. desi;
- 5 glasses of icing sugar.
1. Fill in starch with one glass cold water. Carefully stir.
2. With the remained water pour sugar into a pan and bring to the boil.
3. You cook on strong fire, periodically scumming.
4. Continuously stirring slowly, a thin stream pour in the divorced starch in syrup.
5. You cook, continuously stirring slowly until weight doesn't thicken and won't begin to lag behind walls.
6. Switch off fire and pour in syrup in mix. Carefully stir.
7. Cover a form baking paper and grease with a desi.
8. Lay out weight an even layer 3-4 cm thick.
9. Leave to stiffen for 12-14 hours.
10. Cut the stiffened rahat lakoum on cubes and sprinkle with icing sugar.