Jam from water-melon and melon crusts reminds candied fruits, only softer and fragrant. The tasty dish perfectly is suitable for decoration of confectionery and will become useful additive to tea.
The recipe of a dessert idle time, but preparation takes some time. But as a result juicy and useful jam turns out. Watermelons and melons for jam buy at the end of August when they contain less nitrates more vitamins.
On 1 kg of crusts of watermelon and a melon it is required: 1 kg of sugar.
- Water-melon and melon crusts clean from pulp and remove a sharp knife a rough top thin skin.
- The cleaned crusts cut pieces 3-4 cm and wash with flowing cold water.
- Put in salt solution for 1-2 hours that crusts didn't boil soft, and kept a form.
- Then shift in capacity and fill in with hot water with a temperature of 80-90 degrees, leave for 10 minutes, later throw back on a colander.
- In a wide pan fill sugar and 500 ml of water pour, mix and on weak fire prepare syrup.
- In the welded syrup put crusts and cook 10-15 minutes, after boiling. Remove from fire and leave for a couple of hours.
- Then again cook jam within 10 minutes and put aside for a couple of hours. So three times uvarivat jam. During this time crusts perfectly become impregnated with syrup and become transparent.
- The cooled-down jam is shifted in the prepared banks, rolled up and placed in storage to the cool place.