Many tasted soaked apples at least once in life. Earlier this dish was much more popular, but also the hostesses who today are feeling nostalgic for the childhood not against to ferment several apples. It isn't difficult to make it, knowing the secrets which got from grandmothers.
It is required to you
- For the traditional recipe of soaked apples:
- 2 buckets of apples;
- 1 bucket of water;
- 1 glass of sugar;
- 1 tablespoons of salt;
- rye straw;
- currant leaves.
- For soaked apples with apple juice:
- apple juice 1 liter;
- 4 kg of apples;
- 1 liter of water;
- 200 grams of honey.
1. Using the traditional recipe, take two buckets of apples of the small or average size (it is preferable to use grades "Antonovka" or Pépin, or other autumn or winter grades). Carefully wash up everyone. Prepare ware for soaked apples. It can be a tub, a basin or a big pan. On a bottom, it is desirable, to lay a small layer of rye straw (so made sour apples in Russia).
2. Pour water in a bucket, dissolve salt and sugar. Use water cleaned, but it isn't necessary to boil it.
3. Lay out apples fruit stems up in ware with straw (or without it), each layer of apples shift the washed-up currant leaves. Apples have to lie quite densely.
4. Fill in apples with the prepared solution. Soaked apples will be ready approximately in 3 weeks, it is possible to store them on the balcony or on a porch (cool temperature is necessary, otherwise apples will be spoiled).
5. Try also other option of fermentation of apples - with use of juice and honey. Wash up and dry apples.
6. Put water on fire and bring to the boil, cool. Add to water and dissolve in it honey and apple juice.
7. Lay out apples in ware dense ranks. Fill in with the prepared solution, from above ware put fabric. On it put a wooden board and some cargo. Try to turn for preparation time apples at least few times for uniform preparation. You store apples in the cool place, they will be ready approximately in 2-3 weeks.