Fruits of a sloe are good medical and dietary cure for gastrointestinal diseases, have astringent and krovoochishchayushchy effect. From them prepare juice, candied fruits, syrup, fruit jelly, kissel, jam, a fruit candy, fruit liqueur, seasonings for various dishes, etc.
It is required to you
- 1 kg of berries of a sloe;
- 1 kg of sugar;
- 500 ml of water.
1. Well wash up sloe berries and touch: separate dry garbage, the spoiled, small and immature fruits from lump. Again wash out the touched berries under flowing water, cast away on a colander and leave for several minutes.
2. Take a small pan, pour in it 500 ml of water and bring to the boil. In the small portions lower in the boiling liquid of berry and boil them within 7-8 minutes, having lowered fire to a minimum. Pull out fruits carefully, by means of a skimmer, putting in separate capacity.
3. Spread a cotton towel on a table and scatter on it hot berries that they cooled down and dried. Then put them in a pan for cookings jam (at 3-4 liters), fill up with sugar and leave for day in the cool place that berries started up juice. Pour the cooled-down boiled water in a jar and remove in the fridge, it can be used for syrup preparation.
4. Merge the emitted juice together with sugar in a small pan, add water in which berries were blanched, and carefully stir. Put a saucepan on the minimum fire and, constantly stirring slowly, bring mix to the boil. You cook the turned-out syrup for 7-8 minutes, then fill in with it berries. Carefully mix everything, cool and remove to the cool place for 5-6 hours.
5. Later the put time, put a pan with jam on slow fire again, heat to a boiling point and you cook within 15-17 minutes, periodically stirring slowly. Remove jam from fire, cool and, having again put on slow fire, heat to a boiling point. Further you cook it to full readiness, periodically stirring slowly and scumming (time of cooking about 40-50 minutes). As soon as foam begins to gather in the center of a pan, and the thin skin on berries will become slightly transparent, take out a skimmer a sloe from syrup.
6. Boil thoroughly the remained syrup on half an hour extent, without forgetting to stir slowly periodically to avoid burning. Return to ready syrup of berry and leave on fire for 1-2 minutes. Pour hot jam in the prepared banks and roll up.