Kazan-kabob - one of the most tasty dishes of Uzbek cuisine. The basis of food is formed by meat, potatoes and onions. By tradition in Uzbekistan the cauldron-kabob is fried on fire. But also in house conditions it is possible to prepare this dish tasty. Mutton can quietly be replaced with pork ribs. Thanks to long roasting, the dish turns out very juicy, nourishing and fragrant.
It is required to you
- - pork ribs - 1 kg;
- - potatoes - 1.5 kg;
- - onions - 0.5 kg;
- - cumin - several pinches;
- - black sprinkling pepper;
- - salt;
- - vegetable oil for frying - 0.5-0.7 l;
- - cilantro greens - 1 bunch;
- - cauldron with a cover.
1. For a start we peel potatoes and onions and we wash their baking plate with flowing water. If tubers of potatoes of the large or average size, it is necessary to chop them thick straws. If potatoes small, then it is possible to halve it or to leave whole. We cut onions half rings. From pork ribs we skin out if it is, and a la carte we cut.
2. Kazan needs to warm up and pour well in it vegetable oil. In oil we will fry potatoes by analogy with French fries. Therefore oil such volume that it completely covered potatoes will be required. Usually on it to leave about 0.5-0.7 l. Oil needs to be warmed very well, practically before boiling.
3. In the boiling oil we put a half of potatoes and we fry it from all directions, constantly stirring slowly, before emergence of a ruddy crust. We spread ready potatoes in a separate bowl, previously having laid in it paper towels or napkins that from potatoes surplus of oil flew down. Meanwhile we put the second half of potatoes in a cauldron. We fry in the same way and we stack in a bowl on paper towels.
4. In a cauldron we leave very few oil, and we pour the rest in a separate container. Further it can be used for preparation of other dishes. We store the cooled-down oil in the fridge. In a cauldron we put pork ribs and we fry them within 10-15 minutes until they well blush from all directions.
5. Further we add onions to pork ribs. Because onions will emit a lot of juice, we fry contents of a cauldron about 20 minutes, constantly stirring slowly. When onions get a golden shade, we add 0.5 glasses of hot water to a cauldron. We add a black sprinkling pepper, cumin and salt to taste. We diminish temperature to a minimum and we extinguish a baking plate a cover within 30 minutes.
6. After time we stack the fried potatoes in a cauldron and everything is well mixed. Again we close a cover and we extinguish literally 5 minutes that potatoes became impregnated with aroma of meat and spices.
7. We display a ready cauldron-kabob in the portions and we decorate with the crushed cilantro. To a dish we serve fresh flat cakes and a vegetable salad from radish, green onions or cucumbers with tomatoes.