Halvah — favourite delicacy of adults and children, in translation from Arab designates sweet. It is made of sugar and sunflower seeds or nuts. There are several types of halvah, sunflower is most widespread among us: it is rich with vegetable proteins, vitamins and minerals, contains a large amount of fats, carbohydrates and calories. About whether pregnant women can eat this sweet, we will tell below.
What halvah is
Today culinary specialists thought up a set of recipes of this delicacy. It is cooked from various vegetables, fruit, nuts and sunflower seeds.
The sweet prepared from sunflower seeds and nuts is most popular. Its main ingredients are:
- the proteinaceous weight (paste) from sunflower seeds and nuts;
- caramel weight from sugar and treacle or honey;
- foaming agent.
Whether you know? The first to cook halvah Persians in the 5th century BC thought up. For the first time it was created for the tsar Darius І. It was cooked from seeds of sunflower and caramel. Pretty fast the sweet became popular on all East.
Depending on what do proteinaceous paste of, allocate such types of halvah:
- Has fibrous and layered structure. Prepares by mixing of caramel weight, the ground kernels of nuts, beans, seeds of sunflower, sesame and foaming agent.
- It is made on the basis of the processed sesame seeds. At its taste there is an easy bitterness. It is popular in the countries of the Mediterranean.
- As raw materials for its preparation serves the crushed peanut. The sweet has dense texture and cream color.
- Is cooked from various nuts. As raw materials for it almonds, pistachios, walnuts, cashew can act.
Other ingredients also can be a part of halvah. Are popular with east people:
- Vegetable halvah. Pumpkin, fried beans and nuts is its part.
- Contains the ground carrot, almonds, raisin, spices, boiled in milk.
- It is traditional for residents of Pakistan, Afghanistan, East India. Beans of a tub enter it gave, mung.
Can add flour to sweet: wheat, corn, rice. In some countries she is trained on the basis of cotton candy.
Learn, about useful fruit during pregnancy.
Whether it is possible for pregnant women is halvah
At registration on pregnancy the woman undergoes a peculiar instructing in an occasion of that what life she should lead in the next 9 months and what corrections it is necessary to make to food.
The pregnant woman is recommended to enrich a diet with cellulose from fruit, vegetables, greens and to reduce the use of products fat and also rich with plain carbohydrates. As for sweets, undoubtedly, the pregnant woman, first of all, has to get only positive emotions and if desserts bring her pleasure, then their small amount prepared from natural ingredients will do only good. We will provide detailed information on advantage and harm of halvah on different terms of pregnancy below.
Whether you know? Halvah is so popular in the world that in her honor even called an asteroid — (518) Halvah. It was made by her big fan, the astronomer Reymond Dougan, in 1903.
On early terms
Further we will consider, than sunflower halvah is useful to pregnant women at the rated use:
- Replenishment by B1, B2 vitamins. They provide an organism with energy that during this period is very necessary for the woman with the weakened immune system and suffering from serious reorganizations in an organism. Also have salutary effect on work of nervous, digestive, cardiovascular systems.
- Saturation by potassium — the important element necessary for maintenance of water balance. The same mineral has antioxidant effect and helps to reduce arterial blood pressure.
- The iron which is a part of delicacy will influence the work of bigger amount of hemoglobin in blood and to interfere with development of anemia.
- Replenishment of reserves of magnesium — the vital element participating in work of nervous system. At its shortcoming at the pregnant woman of the first trimester nervous breakdowns, stresses, insomnia, a depression can develop.
- The phosphorus and calcium getting to an organism together with halvah strengthen bone and cartilaginous tissue.
At other types of halvah of property will be a bit differents. So, sesame recommend to use for the general strengthening of an organism and prevention of a SARS, almond — for saturation of an organism the vitamin D having positive effect on development of teeth and child's bones in a womb.
Halvah can do harm only in case of the excessive use. It can affect digestion and dental health which already suffer at many pregnant women because of the shortage of calcium negatively.
Read in more detail whether it is possible for pregnant women there are walnut and pine nuts and also pumpkin sunflower seeds.
In the second trimester
In the second trimester of the pregnant woman all useful effects which the sweet has, described in the previous subsection will also be relevant. It is slightly more advantages of the consumption of halvah during this period, than shortcomings. Choosing a natural product, the woman can not be afraid neither for the health, nor for a condition of the kid.
Important! It is not recommended to use halvah daily. It can be alternated to the zephyr, a fruit candy and other sweets prepared on the basis of natural ingredients.
On late terms
In the third trimester it is desirable to reduce consumption of sweet as during this period the negative actions outweigh positive. On late terms delicacy can make the following harmful effects:
- Contribution to a set of extra kilos that, in turn, threatens with a raskarmlivaniye of the kid to the large sizes and big weight and consequently, difficulties at a rodorazresheniye.
- Violations in work of a GIT as this product belongs to it is difficult and long acquired.
- Provoking of swelling of intestines that is undesirable as the uterus will be squeezed.
- Increase of risk of development of an allergy in the child.
Not everything can use halvah, first of all because of the high caloric content, presence of a large amount of fats and carbohydrates. Among people to whom this sweet is contraindicated:
- those who have obesity;
- with diagnoses atherosclerosis, diabetes;
- having allergy to components;
- having diseases of digestive organs.
Important! Upon purchase it is necessary to read surely on packing structure of a product and an expiration date. It is necessary to refuse acquisition of halvah which part dyes, fragrances and other chemical elements are. Qualitative and useful sweet — that which is made only of natural ingredients.
Ways and norms of the use
You should not be fond of east sweet, eating it daily and in large numbers. Nutritionists advise during pregnancy to use no more than 30 g of a sweet product a day.
Traditionally halvah eat a vprikuska with warm and cold drinks — tea, compote, juice. It is also used as ingredient for other sweets — cakes, donuts, bars. It is not recommended to use delicacy along with dairy products, cheese, other desserts: it significantly increases load of a pancreas and a liver.
It is easy to prepare a product with own hand. On the Internet there is a set of the recipes including various ingredients.
Read also in more detail about the use of such sweets as: zephyr, chocolate, fruit jelly, fruit candy and gozinaki.
Thus, halvah during pregnancy can be used. In general it has positive effect on an organism in the first and second trimesters, being a source of proteins, vitamins and minerals — however only at the use in moderate quantities and those who are not included into the list of persons to whom this product is contraindicated. In the third trimester it is better to refrain from the use of east sweet.