Prunes, as well as other dried fruits, are often recommended at weight loss. Also there is an opinion that this product cannot be used often and in large numbers. Let's understand whether it is possible it is and at the same time to lose excess weight.
Caloric content and chemical composition
Prunes — sukhofrukt, made from black plum: it is drenched with boiled water, cooled, dried up and for a presentable look boiled several minutes and processed glycerin. Caloric content of the considered sukhofrukt is 239 kcal on 100 g.
Whether you know? From 10 kg of fresh fruit about 2 kg of the final product turn out.
Ratio I WATCH in 100 g of a product:
- proteins — 2.6 g;
- fats — 0.5 g;
- carbohydrates — 55.6 g.
Vitamins, macro - and minerals (on 100 g):
- ascorbic acid — 3.3 mg;
- beta carotene — 1.08 mg;
- potassium — 745 mg;
- calcium — 51 mg;
- magnesium — 45 mg;
- sodium — 4 mg;
- niatsin — 2 mg;
- pantothenic acid — 0.5 mg;
- pyridoxine — 0.26 mg;
- Riboflavinum — 0.16 mg;
- thiamine — 0.07 mg;
- tocopherol — 2.5 mg;
- folic acid — 3.7 mkg;
- phosphorus — 79 mg;
- chlorine — 3 mg.
Read in more detail about advantage of prunes for an organism.
Other components (contents on 100 g):
- ashes — 1.8 g;
- cellulose — 7.1 g;
- water — 32.4 g.
Whether it is possible to eat prunes at a diet
Described sukhofrukt it is unambiguously possible to use at weight loss, however in reasonable quantity and without contraindications — this product can bring both advantage, and harm.
Advantage for weight loss
The advantage of prunes for health in general is caused by vitamins and minerals in its chemical composition.
Other parameters of the sukhofrukt indicate its properties allowing to lose weight:
- The amount of cellulose in 100 g of a product is 7.1 g. Food fibers are a valuable element for digestion, stimulate work of intestines and prevent GIT problems. At the sufficient use of cellulose (13 g a day for women, 17 g — for men) the excess fats arriving with food are not transformed to excess deposits, and come out an organism.
- This sukhofrukt helps to get rid of excess cholesterol that well affects weight reduction.
- The low glycemic index (GI 29) of a product does not lead to sharp jumps of sugar in blood and to release of hormone of insulin because of what the probability to add weight decreases.
- Laxative properties of the considered product are known. Difenilisatin and sorbitol make soft impact on digestion, along with it helping to remove excess toxic substances.
- Dark blue coloring of the sukhofrukt says that in its structure there are anthocyans — the glycosides promoting improvement of barrier functions of intestines and stabilizing its state at consumption of a large amount of fats and carbohydrates.
Contraindications and harm
Prunes have a number of contraindications:
- SAI (syndrome of the angry intestines);
- sensitivity to components;
- urolithic disease.
Even without contraindications this sukhofrukt should be used in food in moderate quantities.
Important! At emergence of problems after eating of prunes it is necessary to see a doctor.
At the excessive use there can be following problems:
When how many and as it is correct to use
Features of the consumption of prunes at weight loss can vary depending on the choice of a diet. So, at healthy nutrition it should be used as having a snack between the main meals and also to add to salads, porridges, meat and other dishes.
It is periodically possible to arrange fasting days when during the day in process of emergence of feeling of hunger it is necessary to consume only prunes. There are also various power supply systems on this sukhofrukt in which a certain period of time it is necessary to use it as a basic product.
Whether you know? Dried fruits began to make in the 6th century BC. Prunes became one of the first in this category products.
The diet with prunes can vary depending on the products allowed for the use. More extensive diets are offered as a monodiet (for example, kefir with prunes), and.
On kefir and prunes
More than 3 days are undesirable to adhere to such diet. In day it is necessary to use no more than 1-1.5 l of kefir of low fat content and 100 g of the sukhofrukt. It is also possible to crush both products together, having made cocktail.
Important! At any indispositions it is necessary to stop a diet and to return to a usual diet.
All diet is divided equally into 5–7 meals. Other option is to use these two products as a dinner within 1–2 weeks.
Cottage cheese with prunes
The previous option can be replaced with cottage cheese with prunes. This dish can be used as separate meal in the usual mode that will also allow to lose weight. On 100 g of cottage cheese it is necessary to add 7–8 pieces of the sukhofrukt.
Porridge with prunes
Porridge on water with dried fruits can be used as a useful fat-burning breakfast or for a monodiet which should adhere to 7-10 days.
What else dried fruits can be eaten during a diet
Dried fruits in general are considered as a useful type of the products suitable for weight loss. They can be used as separately, and in the form of mixes.
In fight against extra kilos advise to add to a diet:
- dried apricots — the dried apricot contains a large number of useful minerals and stabilizes water-salt balance in an organism;
- fig — cellulose in structure improves work of intestines, at the same time the zhiroszhiganiye becomes more active;
- raisin — can be used as sweetener, improves a condition of skin, a hair and is applied as prevention of diseases of a thyroid gland;
- dates — excellent replacement to sweets, also promotes increase in working capacity and improvement of brain activity that is especially important during weight loss.
Learn more about advantage of dried apples, bananas, mango and cumquat.
Prunes — the product, useful to health, helping with fight against excess weight. It surely should be added to the menu at weight loss, the main thing is to know when to stop and watch closely the state during a diet.