Sauerkraut is a unique product as in the course of preparation not only does not lose the useful substances, but also gets new. The ancient way of giving to this vegetable of high gastronomic qualities is demanded and until now as it allows to saturate at the low price of a product a human body with useful substances. This product is especially attractive and useful to pregnant women about what is more detailed and it will be told in article.
Structure and nutrition value
The advantage of sauerkraut for a human body is based on own nutrients and acquired in preparation time.
Learn what types of cabbage are useful at pregnancy.
At the low caloric content, a component of only 27 kcal, the product abounds with vitamins B a look:
Also this product is saturated with the minerals presented in it:
- pine forest;
Whether you know? The leader in cultivation of plants of family cabbage is China — 31, 759 million t.
Besides, in 100 grams of fermented vegetable is:
- proteins — 1.6 g;
- fats — 0.1 g;
- carbohydrates — 5.2 g.
But there is more to come. In a product also existence is noted:
- organic acids;
- nonsaturated fatty acids;
- food fibers.
Whether it is possible to eat sauerkraut during pregnancy
Experts unanimously claim that sourcrout not only is allowed for the use for pregnant women, but also is actively recommended. And it it is almost identical, except for quantity, it is useful on different terms of pregnancy.
Also pickled cabbage which has the same nutrients, as fermented, except for lactic bacteria which appear only at fermentation is also useful.
Important! However the vinegar added to pickled cabbage can become an obstacle for the use by her some pregnant women to women.
Vegetable, except well-known vitamin C which it is very useful to both future mother, and the developing fruit also contains a lot of B9 vitamin, better known as folic acid. This substance is called by right vitamin of pregnant women, playing an exclusive role in creation of conditions for the correct formation of future child and leveling of risks of formation of pathologies in development of a fruit.
On early terms
The most popular property of this product is its ability to fight considerably against manifestations of nausea that is extremely relevant at toxicoses.
Whether you know? In a century before last sourcrout was actively dried for what there were special drying houses then it turned out easy on weight also well remaining product convenient for use in military campaigns.
Besides, sauerkraut is useful products in a diet of pregnant women thanks to the fact that it:
- it is low-calorie that is followed by its ability quickly to create feeling of saturation;
- improves appetite;
- optimizes exchange processes in an organism;
- by means of tartronovy acid slows down creation of fat deposits and exempts the pregnant woman's organism from excess carbohydrates;
- thanks to a combination of rich content of selenium and ascorbic acid strengthens the immune system and also promotes more active assimilation by the iron organism preventing anemia;
- by means of B6 vitamin helps digestion of proteinaceous food;
- does not allow to arise to heartburn;
- stimulates digestive processes, liquidating locks and swellings;
- exempts intestines from pathogenic microflora;
- normalizes concentration of sugar and bad cholesterol in blood;
- optimizes acid-base balance;
- strengthens nervous system and normalizes a dream;
- significantly improves a healthy condition of hair and nails.
In the second and third trimesters
As it was already told, in more late stages of pregnancy this fermented vegetable is also shown to future mothers. For example, the heartburn which is often proving in the second trimester easily is liquidated by a cabbage brine.
And presence at a product of vitamin K which, promoting increase in blood clotting, does childbirth by more safe is very relevant for future mothers in the third trimester. The ability of a product to bring toxins out of intestines is also extremely useful at the end of pregnancy.
It is important! To level undesirable excess of salt in sauerkraut, pregnant women are recommended to wash it with water.
However in the second half of pregnancy the use of this product has the features and restrictions:
- the large volume of the eaten sourcrout is capable to cause in the pregnant woman who is on the third trimester, feeling of strong discomfort;
- presence at a product of sodium and salt, detaining in liquid body tissues, can lead to hypostases and increase in arterial blood pressure;
- problems with gastritis against the background of the increased acidity can be aggravated with consumption of this fermented vegetable.
Study properties of different types of cabbage: broccoli, kohlrabi, Savoy, Beijing, Bruxelles, color, red, white.
The sauerkraut made according to the centuries-old recipe is a favourite product also today at future mothers who, deriving pleasure from consumption of sourcrout, at the same time solve many problems with health arising at them during this responsible period of their life.