During pregnancy in an organism of the woman not only there are cardinal internal and external changes, but also the deficiency or a surplus of some useful substances is shown. From here need for careful selection and control of food follows. In this article the advantage or harm of such sweet sukhofrukt as raisin will be considered: whether the pregnant woman what limit daily dose of this product whether it is useful and as influences development of future kid — more detailed below can use it.
Structure and caloric content
Raisin is sukhofrukt which we love many since the childhood: its terpkovato-sweet taste is excellent addition to various pastries and fancy bread.
Nevertheless not many know that raisin happens several grades, and the caloric content of each of them, respectively, differs:
- blue — has no stones. Caloric content is 254.5 kcal on 100 g;
- white (light green) — also without stones, however is a little less by the size. Caloric content — 266.6 kcal on 100 g;
- green — has a stone enough large sizes. Caloric content — 263 kcal on 100 g;
- large green and large blue — the most sweet grade with a small stone in each berry. Caloric content — 283.5 kcal on 100 g.
The structure of this sukhofrukt differs in complexity therefore it is one of the most useful products. So, irrespective of a grade is present at each berry of raisin:
- vitamins of the B, H, S, E, RR groups;
Important! The main harm of raisin consists in its high caloric content. So, having eaten only a handful of this sukhofrukt, it is possible to provide an organism with a half of standard daily rate of kilocalories. During pregnancy the uncontrolled use of high-calorific products is especially dangerous: glut of an organism nutrients will lead to a fast set of excess weight that can negatively affect as health of mother, and the kid.
Besides, raisin contains antioxidants which perfectly bring toxins out of an organism. A ratio I WATCH in 100 g of this sukhofrukt makes 2.9: 0.6: 66 (proteins, fats, carbohydrates respectively).
Raisin at pregnancy: advantage and harm
Abundance of useful substances and minerals as a part of dried grapes and also the fact that all useful substances remain in this berry for long term automatically include it in the list of products which are recommended for the use during pregnancy. It is possible to use it as an independent product and also as sweet additive to porridges, myuslyam, to fancy bread and cottage cheese.
Than it is useful
The main useful function of raisin is a complex protection against avitaminosis. Small berry of raisin contains all useful substances which are enough for the correct formation and maturing of a fruit. Besides, useful properties of dried grapes are:
- Prevention of anemia. A large amount of iron as a part of this sukhofrukt allows to avoid oxygen starvation of a fruit — dried grapes raise hemoglobin, improve quality of blood and prevent appearance of spasms.
- Removal of toxins. Dried grapes perfectly clean an organism from cholesteric plaques, hazardous substances and toxic waste, thereby exempting an organism from slags. In the conditions of total pollution of the environment and availability of toxins in many food such property of raisin is simply irreplaceable.
- Strengthening of skeletal system. Abundance of calcium positively affects formation of bones of the kid and also strengthening of bone tissues of mother — it is especially relevant during pregnancy when load of a backbone significantly increases.
- Normalization of pressure. Magnesium and potassium eliminate arrhythmia, normalize blood pressure and prevent risk of appearance of heart failure.
- Prevention of stomatitis and loss of teeth, treatment of bleeding of gums. Oleanolovy acid as a part of this sukhofrukt prevents swelling of gums, considerably reduces their bleeding and also eliminates an unpleasant smell from a mouth. Calcium and phosphorus, in turn, are responsible for strengthening of teeth.
- Treatment of a lock. Raisin helps to eliminate an unpleasant problem which happens at most of pregnant women: it renders small laxative effect.
Study useful properties of compote from dried fruits.
- Prevention of cancer. Emergence of malignant cancer cells can be prevented, using dried berries of grapes — its antioxidants not only struggle with free radicals, but also increase protective functions of an organism.
- Prevention of a hair loss. Antioxidants and vitamin E not only help development of healthy cells hair a follicle, but also prevent appearance of dandruff.
- Establishing digestion. The fibrous texture of this sukhofrukt softly cleans gastric walls, promoting the best passing and assimilation of food. Besides, magnesium and potassium reduce acidity a little that allows to prevent heartburn and weight in a stomach.
- Disposal of toxicosis. Raisin perfectly copes with nausea and dizziness: for this purpose it is necessary to eat on an empty stomach a small handful of berries (it is possible to wash down with water). After that it is possible to eat the main food in 20–25 minutes.
- Improvement of sight. Vitamins of groups B and phytonutrients allow to improve quality of sight and to take off fatigue of eyes.
- Skin clarification. Substance resveratol, being a part of this sukhofrukt, carefully removes toxic substances and promotes regeneration of cells of skin: skin becomes brilliant, clean and well humidified.
- Improvement of quality of breast milk. Dried grapes are useful not only during pregnancy, but also after the delivery: it increases the fat content of breast milk and does it to more sweet.
- Completion of forces. Raisin not only is capable to prevent some diseases, but also to return become invalid: it is possible to solve fatigue, a stress, bad mood and problems with a dream, regularly using a small amount of this dried berry. Fructose and glucose sates an organism with sugar thanks to which the organism begins to develop energy, and a small amount of nicotinic acid strengthens nerves and reduces a stress.
Whether you know? Raisin is long since eaten not only: so, ancient Greeks decorated with dried grapes the houses (was considered that this product is very much loved by gods), awarded with branches of a dried grapevine winners of the Olympic Games, and in India to newly married married couple brought a glass of milk in which dried grapes and a saffron were cooked on a feast. Was considered that such drink promotes improvement of quality of matrimonial life (by the way, such practice exists in some regions of India and still).
The recommended standard daily rate of this sukhofrukt — 50 g, and is better to use it not more often than 4-5 times a week. Some women in the 3rd trimester of pregnancy are afraid to use dried fruits (including raisin), however physicians claim that nuts, dried fruit and berries it is possible to include in the menu and on deadlines, however the amount of some berries (raisin, dried apricots and prunes) should be limited up to 15–20 g a day.
Raisin after all bears some danger: first of all its excessive use is fraught gipervitaminozy (a surplus of useful substances in an organism) as the result — can appear puffiness, allergic reactions and even deterioration in health. Besides, negative properties of dried grapes are:
- high caloric content — at excess of standard daily rate of consumption of this sukhofrukt, with guarantee will appear the excess weight which is dangerous by adjournment of fats on internals;
- a large number of sugar — to diabetic female and also those who has threat of an abortion or hard protekayemy pregnancy it is worth excluding this product from the diet (in risk group it is authorized to women to use raisin only according to the testimony of the doctor!);
- allergic components — fructose, glucose and vitamin C can cause allergic reactions in the pregnant woman, in that case raisin needs also to be excluded from the use.
Important! Fruit broths and tinctures on the basis of honey and raisin perfectly will help pregnant women at respiratory and catarrhal diseases, especially if they cannot consume medicamentous medicines. For cough such folk remedy well helps: 40 g of raisin fill in with cold clear water and insist within an hour. After water merges, and raisin is eaten on an empty stomach with hot milk and honey. The decanted water can be used at a lock: it has small laxative effect.
Besides, women are forbidden to use the dried grapes with an ulcer of a 12-perstny gut, the severe gastritis suffering from the lowered acidity and also the ill tuberculosis.
As it is correct to choose and use raisin
A variety of raisin on counters is very high today, however it is necessary to remember that there are only 3 main grades of this sukhofrukt, and knowledge of how each of them correctly looks, will serve as pledge of the right and qualitative choice:
- blue raisin (happens large and small) — has to be elastic, with a sweetish smell without sourness and not brilliant. If such grade of raisin has luster — it is processed by chemicals;
- white (light green) — has to have an uneven color and the ugly, wrinkled structure. If such grade has an equal yellow shade — it is for certain processed by chemical medicines;
- green — without sour smell and without yellowish or gray shade (it will say that natural process of a zasushka was accelerated by means of sulfuric substance).
Other minor grades (sultana grape, red raisins, olive or burgundy) also should not be externally attractive, brilliant and evenly painted. You remember: naturally dried up grapes always wrinkled, unsightly, average dryness.
Read also about whether it is possible for pregnant women cedar and walnuts.
Certainly, it is the best of all to use those dried grapes which are prepared independently: so you will be sure of its quality. If independently to prepare sukhofrukt there is no opportunity, upon purchase it in shops pay attention on:
- appearance — without damages, unsightly, wrinkled, an uneven form;
- smell — sweet or tart, but not with sourness;
- existence of garbage — good raisin will not contain a large number of branches, dry leaflets and other garbage. And here existence of a tail says that grapes, most likely, were dried in a natural look;
- the storage condition — is the best of all if raisin is on sale in special sacks or jars with a mesh cover. If to the dried grapes which are spread out on a counter insects and flies have access — it is better not to buy such product.
Raisin — very widespread and useful product containing the mass of useful substances which do not lose the qualities within 6–8 months.
Whether you know? The quantity of useful components in dried berry of grapes are a little higher, than in its fresh analog: it is connected with the fact that in the course of drying berry is saturated with wine acid and independently produces oleanolovy acid.
The correct use of this product, respect for standard daily rate of consumption and knowledge how to choose quality raisin, will help to complement the diet with this tasty, sweet and useful berry and also to strengthen health and to provide with vitamins both mother, and the kid at all seasons of the year.