Patients with asthma usually limit the physical activity, and it is much more, than it is justified them by the state of health. It is one of the most serious mistakes made at this diagnosis: the less movements, the less oxygen is received by muscles that leads to development of short wind. That the gymnastics applied at various diseases was created still in the thirties MPE (medical physical education) was recognized as official medicine only in 1973. Our article will acquaint you with the most effective respiratory techniques against asthma and nuances of their performance.
Description of a disease
Bronchial asthma represents a chronic inflammatory illness. The disease is characterized by a frequent recurrence of paroxysmal short wind. The complicated breath arises against the background of obstruction (impassability) of airways. The high incidence of asthma in the world became a problem of public health care in view of large expenses on drugs and hospitalization.
It is possible to ache with bronchial asthma at any age, but generally the illness affects children and teenagers. Today asthma is the most widespread chronic disease among children.
The main reasons (factors) causing asthma attacks:
- allergies (on dust, hair of animals, chemicals);
- frequent SARS;
- the polluted atmosphere;
- tobacco smoke;
- some medicines (Aspirin and other medicines from a number of nonsteroid anti-inflammatory);
- lack of good nutrition;
- hereditary predisposition;
- strong emotions, stresses;
- physical overstrain;
- violations in work of immune and endocrine systems and also the autonomic nervous system.
Get acquainted with bases of the correct breath.
During remission at the patient strong indications of an illness should not be observed. As for symptoms at aggravations, are noted:
- The whistling breath — is the most characteristic symptom of a disease. Rattles are heard at a long exhalation. Their emergence indicates narrowing of airways. Sometimes rattles are heard even at distance of several meters from the patient.
- Cough. It is the dominating symptom of children's asthma. It is usually dry, paroxysmal, tiresome, not connected with cold, shown at night or after the physical trainings.
- Dispnoe (short wind). Asthmatics often feel the sudden shortage of air. The tiring feeling of short wind arises at night or in the morning with various degrees of severity. It is the subjective indicator which is not reflecting gravity of attacks. Short wind can be shown as the answer to provocative factors (cold air, a stress, heavy physical activities). After introduction of bronchodilators this symptom disappears.
- Intolerance of efforts. The patient quickly is tired, complains that he has no forces to run up to the bus, to walk upstairs.
Symptoms of asthma can be followed by concern, irritability, a depression, drowsiness after sleepless nights, the general weakness, headaches and the dizziness, feeling of weight in a thorax which is speeded up by heartbeat, loud breath, cyanosis of skin.
It is important! If symptoms of asthma arise at you only on pollen of plants and trees, then the diagnostician of a respiratory system (for example, spirometry) should see off after end of a season of pollen and also after treatment of hyperreactivity of bronchial tubes.
Remedial gymnastics at asthma
Competent control of asthma assumes close cooperation of the doctor and patient. It is necessary to develop the optimum mode of occupations and not to forget to carry with itself drugs.
In what advantage
So, we will consider the confirmed advantage of respiratory trainings:
- train in deep belly (diafragmalny) breath;
- clean lungs from harmful microorganisms, normalize a blood-groove;
- reduce risk of exacerbation of a disease;
- reduce inflammation symptoms (including short wind);
- normalize ventilation of lungs, restore bronchial passability;
- are shown for the best otkhozhdeniye of a phlegm;
- simplify and stabilize breath through a nose;
- form a correct posture at school students;
- prevent deformations of a thorax;
- strengthen muscle tissues and keep physical shape;
- positively influence psychological state, stimulate protective forces of an organism.
Whether you know? If to develop human lungs on a flat surface, then they will cover with themselves the whole court for tennis competitions.
Harm and contraindications
The therapeutic gymnastics is capable to cause damage in the presence of the following pathologies:
- mechanical injuries of the head and backbone;
- chronic osteochondrosis and sciatica;
- hypertension, VChD, glaucoma, VGD;
- shifts of intervertebral disks;
- damage of a myocardium, congenital heart disease;
- stones in kidneys, a liver or a bladder;
- shortsightedness is more than 5 dioptries.
At serious condition of health, but in case of lack of contraindications, the patient is allowed to reproduce receptions in the sedentary or lying position.
Basic rules of performance of exercises
At reproduction of respiratory receptions it is important to remember certain rules:
- Focus on making deep, expanded exhalations (they will automatically provide deep breaths).
- In breaks between receptions continue to breathe deeply.
- During one training you should not do a large number of methods of deep breath not to provoke a syndrome of a hyperventilation of lungs.
- Methods of deep breath are not identical to all, they are carried out taking into account individual needs of the person for oxygen.
- Try to train in the open air.
- You watch that your movements were not held down by inconvenient clothes.
- The regularity preferably early in the morning and before withdrawal for sleeping is important also — to be engaged.
Whether you know? In Japan, special clubs in which for quite modest sum of money it is possible to breathe the purified flavored air are created.
Remedial gymnastics for asthmatics
Respiratory receptions are created for the purpose of control of symptoms of a hyperventilation and are focused on change of a picture of breath. The remedial gymnastics includes Strelnikova, Buteyko's system, yoga and other similar techniques.
By A.N. Strelnikova's technique
The main difference between Strelnikova's complex and other systems consists in paying of special attention of duration of suspension of breath and an exhalation.
- Get up directly.
- Raise the hands bent in elbows up.
- Hands need to be turned away from themselves.
- Having intensively and loudly inhaled, squeeze palms in fists.
- Afterwards execute slow and easy nasal (or oral) exhaled. At the same time the exhalation has to be followed by a release of palms, however it is not necessary to strain fingers.
On the first occupation the reception is carried out four times, then the respite in 3–5 seconds follows. The second day of occupations assumes 8 receptions. In the third day make 16 repetitions, and several days later — 32.
It is important! Not to bring down a respiratory rhythm, calculation of number of the carried-out receptions conduct in mind.
- Get up exactly, legs have to be located at shoulder length.
- You hold shoulders freely.
- Slightly bend hands in elbows, and collect hands in fists.
- Having put fists to a stomach, quickly and loudly inhale a nose.
- At the time of a breath dump fists down.
- Open brushes and completely straighten hands.
- At an easy exhalation collect fingers in fists again.
- And at last, return fists on waist level.
One series includes 8 respiratory cycles then the 4-second respite and the following 8 cycles follows. In total it is necessary to do 12 series.
- Get up directly, legs have to be located a little already width of shoulders.
- Lower completely relaxed hands down.
- Slightly lower the case forward, having rounded a back.
- Also incline the head forward.
- In the maximum point of an inclination make a sharp loud breath.
Make 8 inclinations breaths. Take rest about 45 seconds and repeat the similar number of receptions.
- Get up directly.
- Legs have to be located a little already width of shoulders, try not to tear off them from a floor.
- Make squats with synchronous turns of the case in right, then to the left side.
- Hold hands at the level of a stomach bent in elbows.
- During squats make hands gaptichesky movements (like a cat).
- Avoid deep squat, it has to be the semi-squat. Accompany each squat with a fast and loud breath.
- The nature of an exhalation is not basic — carry out it it is reflective.
Do 8 sets from 12 squats.
- Get up directly.
- Lift the hands bent in elbows to the level of shoulders and kind of throw one to another towards as if you seek to embrace yourself.
- With each grasp synchronously take a fast breath.
- Move hands in parallel one another. It is strictly forbidden to interchange the position of hands.
Do 12 sets on 8 breaths movements.
Whether you know? Insects have no lungs: functions of body at these creations are performed by tracheas.
Such reception combines elements of Pump and Embrace Shoulders:
- So, get up exactly, legs arrange already shoulders.
- Having bent forward, stretch hands to a floor and inhale. Right there, without interruption, make an easy inclination back.
- Having again inhaled, clasp with hands shoulders.
- Make an exhalation easy.
Realize 12 sets on 8 breaths exhalations.
- Get up directly, legs already of shoulders.
- Raise the right leg bent in a knee up to waist level.
- Afterwards straighten the same leg from a knee, pulling a sock.
- Having made a fast and loud breath, slightly sit down on the left leg.
- You make an exhalation randomly.
- Repeat reception on the opposite side.
Do 8 complexes on 8 breaths.
- Accept similar position of a body. But now the bent right leg needs to be taken away back.
- Having inhaled, sit down on the left leg and make a breath.
- You make an exhalation randomly.
- Repeat reception on the opposite side.
Do 4 sets on 8 breaths.
It is important! If receptions are carried out by children, then for them the number of exercises is strictly dosed (duration of one charging — no more than 5 minutes). In addition, it is desirable to hold trainings in playful way. In general occupations will be useful to the child only on condition of competent therapy and a healthy way of life.
By K.P. Buteyko's technique
Before classes in Buteyko's technique an inspection of ability to hold the breath is carried out. The fact is that the patient should not feel the shortage of air. It is impossible that breath stopped by force — it has to be absolutely natural process. So, press fingers wings of a nose and count the maximum. Professor Buteyko considered that the result states 1 minute on ideal health above, between 40–60 seconds — the organism also without problems functions.
Professor emphasized that serious problems with a respiratory system are absent even at those who are capable to sustain without air only of 20-30 seconds. However if the patient finds it difficult to sustain without intake of air 10 or 15 of seconds, it can indicate that he breathes abnormally.
Examine respiratory practice in Anulom's yoga of a vilom.
The purpose of a technique of Buteyko — reduction of depth of breaths and exhalations, simplification of nasal breath, acquisition of skill of long respiratory standstill. The equipment also allows to control air which we swallow. So, the classical method of nasal breath of Buteyko assumes the following scheme of actions:
- superficial breath — 2 seconds;
- exhalation — 4 seconds;
- respiratory standstill approximately for 4 seconds with the subsequent increase.
Video: as it is correct to breathe by Buteyko Zavedite's technique the special diary thanks to which you will be able to monitor the breath.
Read also about breath gymnastics for children of preschool age.
For an attack ostanovleniye
In case of an attack of asthma try not to panic and keep passive and moderate breath. Take medicine quicker. Ask relatives to make to you massage of a back and chest area. Respiratory charging for removal of an attack of asthma:
- Execute a nasal breath. Having exhaled, reproduce a sound p-f-f. At the same time you hold lips close. Take a small break. 4–5 repetitions are required.
- Do a nasal breath. Having exhaled, reproduce a sound of m m-mm. At the same time you hold lips compressed. For a while be interrupted. 5–6 repetitions are required.
- Ring fingers for one minute gently pound the surface of a nose.
- Press a finger on a jugular pole before developing of tolerant pain. If several minutes later breath is stabilized, can weaken pressing. It is longer impossible to carry out such reception five minutes.
It is important! If symptoms of an attack remain, ask for medical care.
Councils for training by patients with asthma:
- it is necessary to start occupations only in a stage of remission of an illness, during the periods of aggravations and stay in hospital the way of therapy changes — the patient needs the help of the experienced physiotherapist;
- it is desirable to start trainings next the heart and with empty uric puzyryom;
- receptions have to accustom gradually — transition to the following reception is possible only when previous is carried out without any complications.
With asthma it is important to people to realize that the physical activity does not increase risk of emergence of rattles and other unpleasant symptoms at all. The general discomfort — concern, short wind can become initial effect of occupations. However be patient and continue to train, and occupations gradually will begin to bring positive results.