If you have accidentally broken the thermometer in the house, then it is very important to remove mercury correctly. All know that there are enough two grams of this liquid metal to poison air in the apartment. Therefore to avoid troubles, it is worth taking number of measures for mercury cleaning.
It is required to you
- - gauze bandage
- - rubber gloves
- - glass jar
- - plastic bottle
- - paper
- - potassium permanganate
- - bleaching powder
- - plaster
- - adhesive tape
1. In the room where all this happened, open windows at once, and to other rooms it is better for door to close. If in the house there are children and animals, take away them from the place of "accident".
2. To protect respiratory organs, put on the gauze bandage moistened with clear water, and hands rubber gloves.
3. The glass jar with cover or the plastic bottle half filled with water will be suitable for isolation of mercury.
4. Remove mercury from floor and carpet two sheets of paper, carefully driving in heap and trying to obtain that small balls have merged in one big.
5. Also the smallest mercury balls can be collected on plaster or adhesive tape to which they are pasted. Then you will throw out adhesive tape or plaster together with mercury in bank with water. Extract mercury by means of the syringe from crevices or rubber pear and also throw out in bank.
6. When all mercury appears in the container with water, surely process floor surface solution of potassium permanganate or bleaching powder. At once put rag, bandage and gloves in package on emission.
7. Container with mercury needs to be closed and handed over densely on utilization in one of the local specialized organizations. You can learn its address in the Ministry of Emergency Situations.