Brick fence – symbol of reliability and respectability. The fencing can be ordered from professionals or to put independently. Accuracy and exact following to instructions – guarantee of good result and durability of fence.
Country fences: types and options
The following types of fences will be suitable for country house:
- The high wall guarantees complete isolation against the street and neighbors, but can strongly shade the site. The "trellised" laying with gleams will help to get rid of this shortcoming.
- Use of different types of brick will allow to diversify exterior of fencing significantly. Especially effectively the hyper pressed brick from granite elimination, cement and water looks. It possesses beautiful impressive surface and perfectly imitates natural stone.
- With inserts. The continuous brickwork can be diluted with inserts from slate, professional flooring, tree or the metal gauze.
- With forging elements. The most magnificent option of fencing. The fence turns out solid, but not dominating, inserts from shod metal give it lightness. The climbers strengthened on grid will help to add privacy.
Advantages and shortcomings of brick fencings
Brick fences enjoy deserved love among owners of country houses. Among the main advantages:
- attractive exterior;
- environmental friendliness;
- possibility of additional noise isolation and protection against wind.
Brick fences do not need difficult and expensive service: to painting, replacement of the sections which have failed. At right choice of material and independent work the solid fencing will cost not too much.
Despite set of pluses, the brick fencing has also shortcomings. The fence turns out rather heavy, at high passing of underground waters over time the fencing can settle and be deformed. That the brick did not look alienly, it is important to select fencing to style of the house. Most of all brick fence approaches buildings from the same material, to the cottages revetted with siding or bar.
At construction of fence it is necessary to choose qualitative brick. Low-grade material will quickly lose attractive exterior, will begin to crumble and burst.
Councils for installation
After the fence option is chosen, it is necessary to buy all necessary materials: brick, cement, sand, the strengthening armature. If inserts are assumed, it is necessary to get elements from tree, professional flooring, grid or shod metal and also suitable fastenings: self-tapping screws, corners, loops. The concrete mixer can be leased – this service is offered by many construction companies.
At first the site is marked by means of pegs and ropes. Then the trench under the base is dug out, its bottom is filled up with sand and stamped. For strengthening of fence in hole establish metal mountings and pipes, edges duplicate timbering from boards. Then in trench fill in concrete solution, level and leave for drying.
In 10 days the timbering is removed, the base is left to dry 3-4 more weeks. After that it is possible to start laying. The brick is laid on the sand cement slurry mixed in the concrete mixer or manually. That the fencing has turned out equal, it is important to control it by means of plumb. It is possible to spread all fence at once, but some prefer to lay out at first columns, and then to fill space between them brick or inserts from other material.