There are apartments which were more reminding themselves barricades. And their owners if desired can be understood. But the beautiful thing which purchase it was impossible to refuse, grandmother's magnificent services, the old coffee grinder (perhaps sometime it is useful), souvenirs from tours, gifts of friends turn the apartment into dump. However to get rid of some symptoms of disease of Plyushkin not so difficult.
1. Arrange clear-out. Sort mezzanines, cabinets and lockers, sideboards, bedside tables. It you not only will get rid of dust deposits, but also get idea of availability and the range of your stocks of knickknacks, the old equipment and household appliances, ware and clothes.
2. Collect all this stuff in heap and sort. Concerning each unit of "stocks" (the old toaster, grandmother's manual mill, set of the enameled pans and the photoprinter presented by friends to the wedding day) decide how what category to carry it: - the useful thing, in economy sometime is useful; - memory of some event / person; - beautiful thing, it is a pity to throw out; - still parents used it, so and it is required to me.
3. Get rid of the things (clothes, toys, old furniture, household appliances and other) belonging to the first category if for 1.5-2 in your economy and to any family member they were not useful anywhere. It is possible not to throw out, and, say, to present to acquaintances who will precisely use these things, or to give to charity organizations.
4. Sort things from the second category and solve whether so you need in one-room to the apartment the monument given "as keepsake" by the sculptor familiar is once or there is enough of it, the sculptor, the photo. The monument, however, can be not thrown out, and to attach at the dacha, say, as the garden gnome. No blasphemy and insult to the memory of the donator in it will exist.
5. Review the collection of beautiful knickknacks. Of course, there is chance that once they will become antiques and will be sold by your descendants for fantastic sum. And now provide as far as this chance is high, and also estimate, what is the time at you weekly leaves on removal of dust these lovely bagatelles and from under them. And how many useful area they occupy!
6. You pass to the fourth category: "parents used, suddenly and me it is required". Your memory plays with you mean joke. You remember how the manual mixer was necessary in household, but forget what electric was not in those days yet. Or you seriously believe that tomorrow doomsday and you can happen, having been left without electricity, will be forced to shake up cream in the antediluvian way? Be guided by the rule rather prophetic of the first point: everything that was not required to you within 1.5 years, goes to wastebasket or to "good hands" (familiar or found in the Internet).
7. Liquidate deposits of old clothes. Of course, it is a pity to throw out once favourite jackets, cozy jeans. Something especially valuable (fur, silk, manual lace) is possible, previously having preserved, to leave, and to adapt something as home clothing or country. The rest has to go to wastebasket or to charity foundation not to litter your living space.
8. Look back. Is how lighter, energetically and your house became physically cleaner, cozier after you have cleared away it from stuff. Do you want to turn it into similarity of the French barricades again? If is not present, then get to yourself useful habit – before each purchase of new thing to ask itself questions of as far as it is necessary to you how often and for what you will use it and, the most important where you will store. In this world there are too much things, there is also no sense even to try to collect at home everything.