Often happens that snow-white blouses, trousers or t-shirts through several washings become slightly grayish or turn yellow, losing the dazzling whiteness. How to bleach white things to return them initial chic, and at the same time not to spoil fabric?
1. Modern cleaning agents allow to return to things initial whiteness, practically without using the additional efforts. To bleach slightly become gray shirts or blouses, it is possible during washing in the washing machine to add powder bleach or "the amplifier of laundry detergent" to normal laundry detergent. Now a number of similar means which can be used when washing in automatic machines is issued – it is specially specified on packing. They have no harmful impact on fabric and are effective even at low temperatures of washing that it is especially important when bleaching synthetics. Have well proved popular means under the EXPERT brands, "BOS + plus", Vanish. For arrangement of children's things it is possible to use the Big-eared Nurses bleach.
2. If white things have already considerably changed the color – they can also be bleached during washing in the machine. Choose the program with preliminary washing and fill up in office for the main washing normal laundry detergent, and in compartment for preliminary – powder bleach. In this case it is possible to use also the liquid bleaches intended for machine wash. Attentively study the instruction and do not exceed the recommended dosage – otherwise it is possible to damage fabric.
3. Strongly polluted things it is possible before washing for 2-3 hours to wet in bleach solution before washing. If you use powder means – before submerging things in basin, wait for powder dissolution, otherwise impact on fabric will be uneven. If it is about local darkenings (for example, white shirt with "shabby" collar and cups) – it is possible to impregnate "precisely" become gray places with solution of bleach and to leave for influence for 30-40 minutes then to send to washing.
4. If you are afraid to use modern household chemicals for bleaching of things – it is possible to use "grandmother's means". However, "the grandmother's method" - boiling with addition of "Whiteness" or other chlorocontaining means is better not to use the most rigid. It really considerably bleaches, but leads to the fact that fabric very quickly decays. Besides, boiling can be used only for things from absolute flax or cotton – on all other fabrics under the influence of temperature are deformed and will turn yellow. If you after all have decided to boil fabric – fill with water the enameled basin or big pan, add laundry detergent, polished laundry or children's soap (50-70 grams on 5 liters of water) and place things in soap solution. Put on plate, bring to boiling and "you cook" 10-15 minutes then let's cool down and properly rinse.
5. In arsenal of folk remedies for bleaching there are also more sparing ways. Add to bucket with hot water a little potassium permanganate (that water was slightly pinkish) and about 200 grams of laundry detergent, put already washed clothes there, cover with polyethylene and wait until water completely cools down. After that things should be rinsed properly.
6. It is possible to bleach white things and by means of hydrogen peroxide. For this purpose on 2 liters of warm water add one teaspoon of three-percent peroxide, it is possible to pour a little soda also. Place in the turned-out solution linen or clothes for 15-20 minutes. For uniform bleaching of thing it is necessary to mix from time to time.
7. White things from cotton or linen can be bleached, having wetted them before washing at several o'clock in water with addition of ammonia solution (2-3 spoons on 3 liters of water). Sal ammoniac softens water and interferes with yellowing of linen. If things are strongly polluted – it is possible to add couple of spoons of turpentine to water. It is possible to use for bleaching of natural fabrics and aspirin solution (3-4 tablets on water liter) or citric acid (teaspoon on liter).
8. For bleaching of guipure or tulle with hot water add two tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide and spoon of ammonia solution to bucket. Lower things in this solution for 20-30 minutes then wash.
9. It is possible to bleach curtains from tulle or kapron and by means of solution of table salt. For this purpose in basin with warmish water dissolve salt (3-4 tablespoons on 3 liters of water) and lower in it already washed fabric for 3-4 hours. After that accurately squeeze out and dry. Salt will bleach synthetic fibers, and when drying will remain on fabric in the form of the small crystals reflecting and refracting light, having created effect of the shining whiteness.
10. If it is necessary to return initial whiteness to clothes from natural cotton or wool, it is also possible to use salt. Already washed things lower in bucket from warm (about 40 degrees) water to which the handful of table salt, a little laundry detergent, 3 spoons of hydrogen peroxide and spoon of ammonia solution is added. In hour – to take out and to rinse properly.
11. In order that white things after washing remained same white, it is necessary them separately from color and light things and to use the powders which are specially intended for washing white (as a rule, they contain the special optical additives allowing to create effect of the shining whiteness), Besides, from linen and cotton it is better for thing to erase separately from wool or synthetics – in that case after washing they will not turn gray. One more frequent reason for which white things cease to look effectively – washing of clothes or linen together with terry towels or products from shabby fabrics. Small, almost imperceptible to eye of fiber "stick" to fabric because of what it ceases to look snow-white and loses look. Besides, it is important to observe the recommended temperature condition of washing: products from synthetic fabrics often turn yellow because of impact on them of too hot water.