Overlapping of roof by roofing material will require knowledge of the sequence of works. There is way allowing to increase considerably their quality. In roofing material fusing there are rules too.
It is required to you
- - roofing material
- - bitumen or mastic
- - blowpipe
- - sharp knife
1. It is the simplest to block roof roofing material. This inexpensive material is simple and convenient in mounting that allows to perform work independently. The few house owners know that when using in overlapping of roof of two types of roofing material, the quality of work considerably increases. Most often owners buy only one type of material – normal rolled, made of cardboard and bitumen. But there are also others.
2. The optimum way is to lay the first layer plain roofing material, and over it – or with pebble gravel, or built up, or with synthetic or fiber glass basis. The technology of works with these materials identical and only in case with the built-up roof has some features.
3. Preparation for overlapping of roof is as follows: it is necessary to remove old material and to exempt surface of slopes from garbage. If the roof flat also represents complex of concrete slabs, it is necessary to make sure that on it there are no hollows or deep cracks. In this case it is necessary to prepare cement and sand solution (proportion 1:3) and to level surface, using hydrolevel.
4. Today on sale there is self-adhesive roofing material. This material perfectly will approach as base layer. Before works on its laying the rolls roll and enshrine in this provision, thereby having given to roofing material opportunity to be leveled. It will be facilitated considerably by mounting process, as well as preliminary cutting of cloths on pieces of the necessary length.
5. The roofing material made of cardboard and bitumen (brand RCP-350) is pasted on mastic or the melted bitumen. For causing these structures use either brush, or the roller. Self-adhesive material does not need it: it is enough to be laid the sticky party down and to press densely to roof surface.
6. In work it is necessary to follow the following rules: the roof is blocked since the lower part of slope that will allow the subsequent cloths to keep within atop already pasted. The overlap has to make not less than 10 cm, seams carefully fill with mastic or bitumen. At the edges of roof and in the locations of pipes the fusing is carried out most carefully. Rolls lay perpendicularly to the fad. After laying of the first layer of roofing material it needs to give not less than 12 hours for drying.
7. At this time it is possible to prepare cloths of top layer: to cut them taking into account the required overlap and in the right places to clean from pebble gravel. It will provide stronger pasting of sheets of roofing material in places of its overlap. Laying of the second and if it is required, the following layers, requires blowpipe. Process of fusing looks as follows: the cloth is stacked on base layer of covering, apply on it mastic or bitumen and small sites on 20-30 cm begin to heat roofing material. Readiness of material for gluing is determined by disappearance of the top thin film.