On kitchen garden and in garden it is difficult to do without use of mineral fertilizers. Even the gardeners having manure reserves apply phosphorus and potassium is closer to fall.
1. The list of fertilizers which with benefit can be applied on the site depends on type of the soil and on the put cultures. A lot of things depend on degree of absorptivity of moisture the soil too.
2. The sour soil requires sodium and calcic saltpeter which incorporates about 16% of nitrogen and is well dissolved in water. It is necessary to store sodium saltpeter in the dry place. Calcic saltpeter contains nitrogen about 15% and most often happens in the granulated look. It is purely possible to meet infrequently, usually has impurity of ammonium nitrate in structure. By means of calcic saltpeter there is easy alkalizaton of the soil. It is the most convenient to close up calcic saltpeter to the soil in the spring, within year if necessary doing additional fertilizing.
3. If the soil on the site alkaline or neutral, ways of correction of this problem a little. More often than other fertilizers in these cases the urea, or carbamide which too is perfectly dissolved in water is used. It contains about 50% of nitrogen in the structure. In the soil, urea passes into ammonium carbonade, alkalinizing and acidifying soil. It is applied also to vnekorenevy fertilizing, but usually put to the earth in the early spring, before landings.
4. Saltpeter is used here also potash, soluble by water. Its structure besides nitrogen contains potassium that increases advantage of such fertilizer. It is especially good to apply potash saltpeter to those plants which have hypersensibility to chlorine. For plants such potash saltpeter has to become the main fertilizer.
5. At fertilizer of alkaline and neutral soils under landing of the cultures which are not reacting to chlorine or reacting slightly apply chloride ammonium. It is white, crystal odourless powder, most often it fertilizes such cultures as rice, corn, sugar beet. Powder is closed up to the earth in the early spring and late fall.
6. Sulfate of ammonium contains about 20% of nitrogen in the structure, is perfectly dissolved by water. It is applied mainly on the limy soil, acidifying it. It is applied to the plants growing on limy soils, such as sorrel and coniferous cultures, rhododendrons and azaleas.
7. Phosphoric fertilizers as phosphorus favorably affects quantity of buds and on blossoming duration are everywhere applied. Without collecting neither in the soil, nor in fruits and in the plant, phosphoric fertilizers are absolutely harmless even in large numbers. Most often they are applied to the blossoming plants on beds and in house floriculture.