What can be more pleasant, than take the weakening bath and muffle after it in fluffy terry towel? But, unfortunately, not each towel can please you with the original form and softness after two-three washings. To choose high quality towels which will long keep the color and will be still soft, it is necessary to pay attention to their characteristics and to know some subtleties which will help you when choosing.
1. Terry towels for bathtub happen three sizes: towel for hands approximately 50kh70sm, for body 50kh100sm and bathing towel of 100х150 cm. Usually they are sold by sets on two-three towels, but it is possible to buy them and separately.
2. The quality of towel is very much affected by its ability to absorb moisture which, first of all, depends on material of which the towel is made. First of all, it has to be natural material – cotton, or cotton with various additives – silk, eucalyptus. The most high-quality cotton is considered Pakistani and Egyptian. Thread from which the towel can be weaved single, double, twisted and combed. It is the best of all to choose towel from the combed thread.
3. The density of terry material, that is its weight per unit area, the better is higher. If the towel has density below 300 g on sq.m, then it will quickly become useless and long will not serve. If density is not specified on the label, just weigh it and, knowing the size, calculate density. It is necessary to choose that towel which density of material will be more than 500 g/sq.m.
4. It is better to choose the size of pile from 3.5 mm to 7 mm. Too short pile will not provide good absorbency, and too long – will cling to everything. Besides, towels with long pile lose the presentation after the first washing.
5. Try towel on softness, it is sometimes caused by addition of synthetic fiber that too reduces absorbency. If the towel is made of the cotton threads mixed with silk, then the content of silk does not owe higher than 15%, then it will be also soft and it is good to absorb moisture.