Gilded silver products grow dull over time, on them the green or grayish raid can appear. Care for such products is also required to purge rather carefully, without using abrasive substances.
It is required to you
- - medical alcohol;
- - ethyl alcohol;
- - the denatured alcohol;
- - wine alcohol;
- - vinegar;
- - beer;
- - egg yolk;
- - zhavelevy water;
- - ammonia solution;
- - cleaning agent for ware;
- - turpentine;
- - suede fabric;
- - woolen fabric;
- - water;
- - sponge;
- - cotton pad.
1. That vermeil long remained as new, it is necessary to look after products carefully. It is necessary to purge with constant frequency, without giving the chance to products to become covered by green or gray raid.
2. Before any procedure for carrying out cleaning, remove dust from products, wipe surface with the soft sponge, the wetted in the medical, ethyl or denatured alcohol. It is absolutely safe for gilded products and allows to remove quickly greasy raid, dust and the appeared spots.
3. Instead of alcohol for cleaning of vermeil you can use vinegar. Vinegar is applied in two ways. The first – part 2 tablespoons of 8% of vinegar in one liter of water, place in product solution for 15 minutes, wash with flowing water, wipe with suede. The second way – part two tablespoons of 8% of vinegar in glass of water, moisten sponge, wipe products, dry wipe and clean suede.
4. Wine alcohol perfectly copes with the appeared darkenings on vermeil and also is absolutely safe for gilding. Moisten cotton pad, wipe products, process suede fabric to gloss.
5. One more way of safe purification of vermeil is use of beer. In it it is possible to wet the darkened products for 30 minutes, to wash with flowing water, to dry and polish to gloss woolen or suede fabric.
6. Mix of egg yolks in equal parts with zhavelevy water help to return to the grown dull products from silver with gilding initial gloss. The way of cleaning is rather simple. Carefully shake up 1 yolk, add 1 tablespoon of zhavelevy water, moisten sponge or cotton pad, wipe the grown dull products, polish to gloss by means of woolen or suede fabric.
7. Wipe too polluted objects with turpentine, polish soft fabric.
8. Absolutely become green objects can be cleaned by means of soap solution with addition of several drops of ammonia solution. On 1 liter of warm water add 1 teaspoon of means for washing of ware and 6 drops of ammonia solution. Wet objects for 30 minutes, wash with flowing water, dry, rub to gloss with soft fabric.