The rocking-chair, as a rule, is associated at most of people with the house and cosiness. So pleasantly after intense day to lean back in chair and, slightly rocking, to relax, putting the thoughts and feelings in order. If you have necessary tools and skill of work with wood, then it is quite possible to make rocking-chair with own hands.
It is required to you
- - drill;
- - veneer sheets or chipboard;
- - furniture bolts;
- - glue;
- - brushes;
- - screws;
- - mortgage cylindrical nuts;
- - abrasive paper or scraper;
- - furniture varnish;
- - chisel;
- - nails;
- - rails.
1. Execute the drawing of sidewalls of rocking-chair. Accurately transfer it to veneer sheet or chipboard. Cut sidewalls by means of hacksaw or the electric fret saw.
2. Make the drawing of racks of sidewalls and transfer it to plywood. Cut racks. Carefully process them abrasive paper.
3. Connect sidewalls to racks by means of furniture bolts. It is recommended to make connection in three points for strengthening of design.
4. Make four cross-pieces for rocking-chair. Process parts by means of abrasive paper or the scraper. Establish two levels under sitting of chair, fastening sidewalls. Mount two other cross-pieces so that they connected chair racks. For this purpose it is necessary to drill axial openings which diameter corresponds to diameter of furniture bolts in levels. Drill racks and sidewalls of chair in appropriate places. Strictly connect design by means of furniture bolts and cylindrical nuts.
5. Make footboard. Establish it so that it connected sidewalls of your chair. Fastening of footboard is similar to fastening of cross-pieces.
6. Collect back from rails. For this purpose attach rails to chair back by means of nails.
7. Cut from veneer sheets additional basic levels for sitting of chair. Attach them to chair sidewalls by means of glue and screws. Make sitting of chair of rails. For this purpose drill fixing openings in levels and rails. Fasten them among themselves by means of screws.
8. Once again process all parts of rocking-chair abrasive paper. Cover with colourless furniture varnish, mordant or paint with enamel. Your rocking-chair is ready.