The part of the building which has received the name from the beautiful Italian word "zoccolo" is located between the base and wall. The socle transfers to the base the weight of the building and provides thermal insulation of the basement or subfloor which is in it. The type of registration of socle has strong impact on exterior of the house therefore except durability, moisture security and thermal insulation the qualitative socle has to have also good design.
It is required to you
- - cement;
- - sand;
- - the red brick of the brand is not lower than 75;
- - roofing material;
- - set of the construction tool (trowel, shovel, plumb and so forth);
- - bituminous mastic.
1. By the form materials the socle can be brick, block, stone or monolithic and concrete. In the latter case it is necessary to make timbering for its filling. In case of use of blocks, they have to be manufactured of sand-cement slurry. It is recommended to apply to brick socle red corpulent front or brands are not lower the 75th brick. Also standard reinforced concrete blocks of the suitable sizes can be used. The brick socle is considered the most technological. In private construction it is arranged most often. Socle thickness in many respects depends on thickness of the base and walls. Its outer vertical surface has to be flush with the base or act over it a little. The inside vertical face has to act in relation to inside face of wall on 60-80 mm. It will allow to opirat on the formed ledge overlapping or beams of floor. In relation to outer surface of wall the socle can be in any family way – to act, sink down or be level with. If it we give all the best brick or blocks, its width depends as well from their sizes – it has to be multiple of socle Height strictly it is not regulated, usually it fluctuates from 35 cm and above. It must be kept in mind that too low socle has an adverse effect on exterior of the house.
2. Prepare the surface of the base. For the device of brick socle it has to be equal and horizontal. If this condition is not satisfied, level surface, having laid on it tie from sand-cement slurry 2-3 cm thick. There will be no topping of fresh solution superfluous 2-3rd millimetric layer of cement, and smoothing down by its trowel.
3. After hardening of the leveling layer lay waterproofing on the base. It has to consist of 2-3 layers of roofing material put on bituminous mastic (all layers of roofing material have to be missed the mark). Provide overlapping of joints not less than on 100-150 mm. The edge of waterproofing has to act on 2-4 cm over the vertical surface of the base.
4. Prepare solution for laying. The cement ratio to sand has to be 1:3. Before laying establish in base corners vertical rails-poryadovki with noted provision of ranks – risks at distance of 77 mm from each other (65 mm brick and 12 mm seam). Their availability will help to provide vertical position of corners.
5. Begin laying with corner, being displaced during the work to the left. The brick lays down flatwise ("on bed") with bandaging of seams up and down. If further it is supposed to plaster socle, solution in seams has to sink down a little (on 5-10 mm) in relation to the brick plane. It will allow plaster layer to keep stronger on basis. Control horizontal position of laying the cord tense between rails-poryadovkami, rearranging it in process of laying up.
6. Do not forget to arrange in socle air vents with the sizes of 15х15 cm. They have to settle down on height approximately in the middle of socle with distance from each other about 3 meters. It is desirable to immure in them metal gauzes for prevention of penetration of rodents at once. However this work can be made later.
7. On top of socle lay one more layer of waterproofing how did it on joint the base socle. However, this operation can be referred rightfully to the next stage of construction – to wall construction.