Allyary is the bed consisting of different types of decorative onions; it can be organized on the basis of continuous blossoming or please with the beauty only during certain period, for example, in the early spring. The choice of decorative onions is huge, it is possible to pick up suitable by the size, color or terms of blossoming.
1. It is possible to create ""onions flower bed"" if to follow number of rules.
Onions prefer solar location, without stagnation of water.
The soil has to be easy, moderately fertile and well trained.
Pave the way for landing of onions: dig over, add a little humus, peat and coarse bank sand. Surely make drainage haydite, crushed stone, gravel layer or beaten brick.
Optimum: since the end of September to the middle of October. Be guided by weather patterns: steady air temperature at the level of +10 °C, but not above.
- dig out holes which depth has to equal to height of bulb × on 3; - place bulb in hole; - fill up with the soil and zamulchiruyta peat; - if at bulbs low winter hardiness - cover with fir twigs.
For record: choose bulbs one size, then plants will not differ on height and will blossom at the same time. Especially it is important if you want to make border of allium.
During creation allyariya of continuous blossoming be guided by blossoming terms, height and color of onions.
Treat the early onions (blossoming in April and May): onions lozhnolisty blossom very first (reaches in height of 20 cm), it is followed by onions sublime (70-80 cm) and Maksimovsky's onions (20 cm); in May - June blossom onions of zebdanskiya (40-60 cm), harmonious (15-20 cm), broad-leaved (15 cm), karatavskiya (20-35 cm) and shnitt-onions (30-35 cm).
Tall onions-anzury blossom in June.The most effective of them: onions huge (120-180 cm), onions the highest (170 cm), onions pedicellate (100-150 cm). At all anzur the violet flowers, but their hybrids have pink and white coloring.
In June-July the whole group of onions blossoms:
- undersized (20-30 cm): Ostrovsky's onions (bright pink), onions of the Moth (yellow), onions Neapolitan (white), onions Schubert (gray-pink);
- srednerosly (40-60 cm): Rozenbakh's onions (lilac-pink), Hristofa onions (violet), onions pink, onions black-violet, onions pretty (pink), onions yellow, onions-slizun (lilac-pink);
- tall (70-100 cm): blue onions.
The majority of onions after blossoming passes into the rest mode, at them land part dies off. And on the place of beautiful bushes, ""bald spots"" which to hide are formed and flowers owe.
Flowers - partners have to expand actively, well hold form and to be drought-resistant.
Annual plants: portulak, nasturtium, marigold, kermek, amaranth, mezembriantemum, etc.
- bushes: spireya Japanese or berezolisty, undersized grades of barberry and undersized mock orange; - flowers: kotovnik, sage, Veronika, koreopsis, euphorbia, viol, etc.
Do not plant bulb too close to perennials not to damage their root system.
- onions - anzura are recommended to be dug out after blossoming: after usykhaniye of land part, dig out bulbs and dry; you store before autumn disembarkation in the dry place; - watering is necessary only at the initial stage of growth in the absence of rains; - feed up complex mineral fertilizers for bulbous, in the spring and in the summer; feed up ashes infusion in the fall; - only thermophilic types of onions need the shelter; - delete foliage only after its full usykhaniye.
1 stage. Draw the sketch of future bed.
Decide on its form, the size and look: miksborder, border, the Alpine hill - allyary or other option. During creation of miksborder choose focal plant - tall, krasivotsvetushchy onions. Around it place ""background"" onions - srednerosly, and as frame use undersized onions.
2 stage. Pick up suitable types for color, the size and terms of blossoming.
As framing it is possible to choose the following onions:
- zebdanskiya: grows to 40-50 cm, the frost resistance up to -28 °C blossoms in May-June white flowers; - karatavskiya: up to 30 cm in height, blossoms in May-June, gray-pink inflorescences. Zebdansky and karatavsky onions can does without change of 3-5 years.
- blue onions: height of 50-70 cm, blossoms in June, flowers of azure color - very beautiful; - fragrant onions: to belva flowers, blossoming in July-August; height is 60-70 cm. Does not form bulbs. Onions and fragrant replace blue time in 5-6 years. They have high winter hardiness.
Onions huge - fine option for focal plant on bed. It grows to 150 cm in height, blossoms in May-June. Needs outplanting after blossoming.
3 stage. Plant bulbs on the planned scheme.
Bulbs can be planted in the special containers or normal plastic bottles dug to the earth. It will facilitate their outplanting.
4 stage. Seat annual or long-term flowers between groups of bulbs:
1. Between zebdansky karatovsky and fragrant onions seed viol, for example horned. It blossoms from May to September, grows to 25 cm in height and actively expands, forming dense flower rug. Viola will hide the onions of zebdanskiya and karatavskiya which have faded in June and will perfectly look against the background of onions fragrant which will blossom only in August.2. Before blue onions plant unpretentious annual plants-samoseyki: blue flax (classical option) or, as option - blue cornflower and orange eshsholtion (contrast combination). They will cover blue onions in July. 3. Put long-term Veronika (70 cm in height) behind onions fragrant: it blossoms at spring and will draw attention to itself while fragrant onions gain strength and grows, and then in August will act as green background for it. Besides Veronika will hide blank space after outplanting of onions huge. 4. Long-term land sage before onions huge, near Veronika. Blossoms in August. Frost-resistant grades: forest, meadow.