To suspend curtains, it is possible to use ready clips or to choose model with already sewn fabric loops. However there is also other option – to make air eyelets of threads independently. Such work will not take a lot of time and will demand the minimum skills in sewing.
It is required to you
- - needle;
- - thin metal hook;
- - cotton threads;
- - scissors;
- - thimble.
1. Buy the strong cotton threads coinciding on shade with fabric from which curtains are sewed. To be necessary for you the needle with wide ear or thin metal hook, small scissors and thimble.
2. Before work cut curtains. Execute podgib the bottom and upper edge and stitch fabric on the machine or execute seam manually. Iron out the hemmed panels.
3. Pass double thread in needle. Tailor's piece of chalk plan places where loops will be sewn. The it is less than a distance between them, especially folds of fabric will be frequent and the more exactly the ready portiere will lay down. Recede from the upper edge one-two centimeters. Do not do loop at the bend of curtain. Hooks on which it will fasten have to be hidden by the edge of fabric.
4. Carry out loops on inner side of curtains. Accurately stick needle in fabric so that on outer side stitches was the most imperceptible. Fix thread by several small stitches and stretch it in the form of loop about a centimeter long. Once again record thread.
5. Sheathe the turned-out preparation. Enter needle into the opening formed by thread and stretch it through the formed loop. Tighten small knot. Repeat reception until the basis is completely obkruchena threads. Shift the turned-out stitches to each other that they have laid down as it is possible more densely. Correctly sheathed loop has to remind rigid lace, not be twisted and well hold form.
6. Having finished the first loop, fix thread and cut off it. Execute the second eyelet, being guided by in advance made basting. Thus make number of identical fastenings.
7. Instead of needle you can use hook. It is convenient to them to do loops on fabric with the rarefied structure – gunny, linen, tulle. The hook allows to perform work quicker and more accurately, however it is not suitable for very thin or too dense fabrics.
8. Plan places for future fastenings. Take thin metal hook and strong cotton thread of moderate thickness. Stick hook in fabric and stretch them thread. Tie small knot, having fixed the loop basis. Leave free thread about a centimeter long, again stick hook in fabric and execute fastening for the second party of loop. Densely twist it with columns without nakid.